Staff Accountant 8/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are currently seeking a Staff Accountant who has a minimum of two years of general accounting and/or auditing experience as well as a BA or BS degree with an emphasis in Accounting. Only candidates with a strong working knowledge of GAAP will be considered. The ideal candidate must be proficient with systems, possess excellent interpersonal and written skills as well as be able to multi-task in a fast pace, demanding work environment while maintaining a strong attention to detail.
* Assist in the design and implementation of business processes to support and bolster the Accounting function, including A/P, A/R, Payroll, and Financial Reporting.
* Assist in the month-end close process for both cash and GAAP (full accrual) books.
* Day-to-day accounting operations and month-end closing including balance sheet and cash reconciliations.
* Assist in the presentation of periodic financial statements including variance/trend analysis, highlighting areas of success and those needing improvement operationally/financially.
* Ad-hoc reporting.
* Maintain fixed asset/depreciation schedule.
* Update revenue schedules on monthly basis.
* Monitor bank transactions and process cash outflows through accounts payable cycle.
* Forecasting of payables, receivables, and payroll.
* Complete monthly journal entries including, but not limited to: credit
* card/merchant fees, collections revenue, ancillary service revenue, payroll, and straight-line rent.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERTISE:
At least 2 years' experience with general accounting and finance strongly preferred
* Knowledge of GAAP
* BA or BS degree with emphasis in Accounting
* Strong attention to detail while producing accurate and high quality work
* Strong knowledge of Excel is required
* Able to work independently, multi-task in a fast pace and demanding work environment
* Must be a team player, self-starter and be willing to jump into any task and get it done
* Must be extremely organized
* Excellent interpersonal and written skills