Staff Accountant - ROA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Optical Cable Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONBASIC FUNCTION: General accounting transactions including support as required to complete period end financial statements.
* Performs specific job responsibilities:
* Prepares monthly and quarterly journal entries
* Prepares monthly and quarterly work papers
* Performs account reconciliations
* Completes period end closing tasks as assigned
* Compiles data (daily, period end and ad hoc) as needed
* Promotes OCC s service excellence and quality. Provides excellent service to customers; builds strong relationships and team cohesiveness; focuses on quality and positive solutions; communicates respectfully; demonstrates compassion and understanding in response to customer request/needs.
* Champions OCC s mission, vision and values (as detailed in our 15 Essential Points of Success); complies with policies and procedures, ethical standards and Code of Conduct.
* Manages accurate, timely calculations and data collection required to complete financial transactions and reporting
* Communicates with all levels of employees regarding matters of financial concern
* Manages confidential and proprietary financial information
* Moderate level of judgment and decision making required within accounting guidelines and Sarbanes-Oxley regulations. Refers appropriate issues to supervisor
* Overnight/out of state travel not typical but may be occasionally required
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Two year college degree and three (3) years accounting related experience preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience. Experience in a comparably complex multi-subsidiary accounting environment preferred.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, ABILITIES & KNOWLEDGE:
* Excellent computer skills required with experience using software packages such as payroll systems, Microsoft Word and Excel
* Demonstrated ability to properly compile and maintain financial data.
* Ability to read and follow basic instructions, ability to understand and implement quality procedures. Math and handwriting skills required and the ability to correctly complete all documentation
* Excellent oral and written communication skills required with the demonstrated ability to express oneself clearly and concisely. Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision
* Strong organizational and time management skills with close attention to detail; the ability to complete assignments and accurately recognize and help resolve problems
* Demonstrated ability to work with and maintain confidential information
WORKING CONDITIONS: This is a sedentary job which requires sight sufficient for computer usage and significant English reading skills. This work also requires an individual with hearing sufficient for telephone contact with employees and customers as well as for taking and relaying messages. Significant computer input/keyboarding duties require sufficient manual dexterity. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions.
Note: This job description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.