This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONReporting directly to the Controller, this PROFESSIONAL LEVEL ACCOUNTING POSITION is critical to our team to insure proper and timely work in process administration, aggressive collection of receivables, and to support our Project Managers in the management of the job site progress as it relates to cost control and payment.
* Provide accurate, detailed reports and information to the Project Managers for their use in managing the job site work according to budget.
* Conduct timely and accurate review of requisitions and lien waivers.
* Responsible for collections of receivables. Initiate regular follow-up on receivable collections with the Project Managers.
* Present status of jobs, areas of concern, job cost activity, proper coding, and provide substantive reports on costs and progress of each job.
* Perform job cost, project accounting and sworn statement preparation.
* Enter estimates into project management software.
* Fully administer the WIP process and monitor the closeout process.
* Responsible for construction payables, including coding, processing contract award work sheets and maintenance of the job cost chart of accounts.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance and AT LEAST TWO YEARS OF COST ACCOUNTING EXPERIENCE. Accounting experience in the construction industry preferred.
* Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications, and have an _OUTSTANDING COMMAND OF MS EXCEL._
* Experience with overall project execution process, including budgeting, project forecasting, cost control, schedule, and anticipated cost and project profitability.
* Must be able to multitask and prioritize daily workload.
* Must possess a valid driver's license with acceptable driving record.
* Must be able to pass a drug test.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Located in the Randolph, MA area, we are a _PROGRESSIVE COMPANY_ in the construction industry and have been in business for many years. We seek to hire a talented and motivated individual to _ROUND OUT OUR SOLID ACCOUNTING TEAM_! We provide:
* Challenging work
* A friendly welcoming environment
* The latest technology
* A supportive and capable senior leadership team
WE OFFER COMPETITIVE WAGES AND BENEFIT PLAN ALONG WITH AN OPPORTUNITY FOR ADVANCEMENT WITHIN THE COMPANY_._