This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
Partners Community Physicians Organization(PCPO)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY General Summary/Overview:
Opportunity to work with an outstanding healthcare organization! Partners Community Physicians Organization (PCPO) is part of Partners HealthCare System, founded by Massachusetts General and Brigham & Women's Hospitals. PCPO works to develop and support the community-based physician practices that are part of the Partners network.
Our offices are currently in Needham, but we are relocating in early December to a new, state-of-the-art building at Assembly Row in Somerville!
We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, partial telecommuting, and wonderful coworkers!
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Process monthly journal entries
* Reconcile balance sheet accounts to support month end financial close. Complete balance sheet roll-forward analyses as required
* Analyze monthly income statement activity compared to budget & prior year. Provide variance narratives to management on a monthly basis
* Review selected accounts payable activity on a daily basis
* Assist with the annual operating and capital budget process
* Provide ad hoc analyses and reporting as needed
* Assist with continuous improvement projects
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, or a similar working knowledge of accounting theory and practices
* 1 - 3 years of general ledger accounting experience
* Recent college graduates with internship or part-time general ledger experience are welcome to apply
* Solid knowledge of GAAP.
* Strong organizational skills, problem solving skills and analysis skills with attention to detail.
* Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
* Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively with staff and management.
* Must be detail oriented, reliable and self-motivated.
* Excel knowledge required, system knowledge of PeopleSoft Accounting desired.
Office environment with significant time spent working on a computer.
The beautiful new building at Assembly Row features amazing natural light, sit/stand work stations, community hubs for work and socializing, and thoughtful amenities throughout. Plus, easy access to all of Assembly Row's dining, entertainment and shopping. There's parking available and the new Assembly Row MBTA station is just steps from our door.
Equal Opportunity Employer