Staff Accountant - Tax
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
Global Experience Specialists, Inc.
The successful Tax Accountant (Staff Accountant - Tax) candidate will have the opportunity to develop technical Tax Accountant skills through the preparation of supporting workpapers and schedules used in the preparation of the quarterly tax provision and annual tax returns for an international public company. This position will use OneSource Tax Provision software and OneSource Income Tax software and support tax department projects. This is an entry level Tax Accountant position that reports to the Tax Manager.
The successful candidate will have:
* Bachelor of Accounting degree, pursuing CPA certification
* Strong computer skills; specifically Excel
* Strong communication skills
* Strong organizational skills
* Desire opportunity to learn tax technical skills
* 1 2 years working in a Tax Accountant environment
* Experience working with corporate tax compliance software
* Experience with tax provision software
Primary responsibilities include the following:
* Preparation of supporting workpapers for preparation of federal and state income tax returns, estimates and extensions.
* Preparation of supporting workpapers for preparation of federal information returns
* Preparation of supporting workpapers for quarterly provision calculations
* Preparation of journal entries
* Preparation of account reconciliations
* Data input to software systems and pulling reports
* Communication with and data gathering from affiliate personnel
* Communication with tax and GAAP accounting teams
* Filing of hard copy and soft copy documents
* Organization of filing room and archiving records
* Collaborative project participation
Casual work environment
Equal Opportunity Employer, including vets and disability
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our workforce. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are a drug-free workplace, and where allowed by law, conditions offers of employment on satisfactory completion of a drug screen and passing of a background check.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or unable to access or use this application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.