Staff Advanced Research Engr
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
ARRIS Group, Inc.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an outstanding team of engineers developing products for the leading Cable providers of the world. The teams products are used to manage tens of thousands of technicians worldwide on a daily basis and millions of devices on the network.
This position requires working knowledge of data science techniques as applied to advanced product development for the Arris Assurance - Work Assure and Network Performance Management portfolio. This individual will be responsible for developing techniques to analyze, organize, and uncover underlying meaning from transactional data collected from federated data sources. The individual will work as part of a larger Assurance product development team focusing on developing cloud-based analytics and supporting visualization services for ARRIS Assurance customers.
As a data scientist / developer working in the architecture group, youll be part of a team thats looking at advancing and building on the existing data analytics effort within ARRIS that already helps service providers collect, aggregate & analyze a wealth of data from the back office, field service, network and customers to find, diagnose and prevent troublesome and costly performance issues. Our goal is to keep our customers happy and improve efficiency & quality that will save time, money and agony for millions of consumers.
This role requires strong software development skills and knowledge in data science & analysis to tackle projects that sit at the intersection of infrastructure, data science and our customers business operations.
* Experience with one of a variety of relevant data manipulation languages (Python, R, SQL)
* Experience working with web technologies & services (HTML5, REST).
* Experience working with SQL-based solutions, schema design and data modeling
* Quantitative background in Statistics, Computer Science, Math or other technical field. Graduate degrees preferred.
* Strong product mindset - you ask and tackle the most important analytical questions with a view on driving product impact.
* Driven and focused self-starters, great communicators and follow-through
Master's or Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent) and 7 years of software engineering experience.
As an EOE/AA employer, ARRIS will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicants race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.