Staff Assistant, III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
This position will assist the Neurology Department Chief and Operations Manager in administrative tasks as they are related to the department of Neurology. Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the position will be responsible for completion of operational, administrative, and secretarial duties to meet the needs of the Chief of Neurology. Daily responsibilities will include scheduling administrative meetings, calendar management, coordinating activities with other departments and hospital leadership, and helping Neurology Administration with department projects and initiatives. Must be a high performer with well developed organizational and communication skills capable of working fairly independently to produce consistent quality work with minimal supervision and guidance.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Schedule appointments and meetings, prepare agendas, take minutes and provide and other supporting materials. Make detailed arrangements for meetings and seminars sponsored by the department including: room arrangements, refreshments, audio-visual aids, communications, guest speakers, and any other related details.
* Provide assistance to Operations Manager in processing Research Fellow hiring.
* Coordinate meetings and seminars including: room arrangements, refreshments, audio-visual aids, communications, guest speakers, and any other related details.
* Development and implement innovative strategies for improved office organization. Perform photocopying, faxing, filing as requested. Implement innovative strategies for improved office organization.
* Organize office operations such as invoicing, billing, collection, reporting, and other clerical services. Requisition office supplies and equipment, and initiate cost reduction programs. Standardize office procedure and initiates policy and procedure changes.
* Responsible for ensuring office cleanliness and general upkeep of suite by working with housekeeping and engineering.
* Process purchase orders, check requests, employee travel reimbursements and petty cash vouchers as needed for the Chief of Department
* Routine monitoring of department credit card funds and preparation of invoices.
* Prepare donation letter, letters of recommendation and other letters when needed.
* Meet regularly with supervisor concerning daily assignments, policies and procedures, assigned projects, supplies and equipment and related problems. Keep the supervisor informed of department activities, schedule of appointments, status of projects, and relevant department problems and needs.
* Perform short and long-term special projects as assigned.
* Maintain Curriculum Vitae for Neurology Chief. Develop and implement system for tracking CME credits and renewals required for Chief.
* Provide administrative coverage for Neurology Chief during Operation Managers absence.
* Help with journal publication author forms related to articles written by Chief.
* Develop and manage department distribution lists and broadcast important email communications to all staff. Maintain current knowledge of the Hospitals personnel policies and procedures.
* Take initiative with all Chief endeavors and assist Operations Manager whenever possible.
* Maintain CME credit book as it relates to Grand Rounds.
* Perform other tasks at the direction of the Department Chief and the Operations Manager.
* Strong quantitative skills, Specific experience in secretarial support preferred.
* Skill with spreadsheets and databases is needed. Must be thoroughly familiar with MS Office.
* Must be analytical and organized, able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
* Solid customer service skills are needed as well as the ability to work successfully as a member of a team in a large organization.
* Must pay particular attention to detail and deadlines.
* Exceptional computer skills (including word processing, database, electronic mail, internet spreadsheets) required.Ability to learn new computer based applications is critical.
* Excellent interpersonal/communications skills.
* Ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization.
* Exceptional organizational skills and the flexibility to handle multiple tasks and deadline pressures.
* Ability to work and make decisions independently.
* Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
* Associates degree required. Bachelors degree strongly preferred.
* Minimum 2years related experience.
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.