This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
Laureate Education, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Choose a career at Laureate Education Inc. and affiliates and you choose a company with history of integrity and commitment to the future of its employees. Known around the world as one of the most successful and largest post graduate education university network, a leading education brand, and rated one of the best places to work. As part of the Laureate Education Inc. Finance organization, the Internal Audit Department (IAD) group is both a destination and a passport for your career. IAD serves virtually all areas of Laureate Education, Inc. and affiliates.
We are looking for an objective internal auditor to add value and improve our operations by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
Under direction of IAD Supervisor / Seniors, the auditor is responsible for the timely execution of risk-based internal audits in accordance with the annual audit plan, as well as assisting with other audit matters and projects.
* Conducts assigned audit tasks successfully from beginning to end in accordance with professional and department standards meeting the pre-established deadlines and budgets.
* Following a risk-based approach, assists IAD Supervisor / Seniors with the execution of integrated audits considering financial, operational, compliance, and technology risks.
* Assists in evaluating control designs and the operating effectiveness of key controls.
* Obtains and reviews evidence ensuring audit conclusions are well-documented.
* Utilizes automated work papers and other department and company tools in a proficient manner.
* Assists in the evaluation of results and helps draft the audit reports.
* Assists the IAD Supervisor and/or Senior in documenting the review of evidence provided by Management supporting the implementation of management action plans (MAP s). As needed, prepares workpapers to support analysis performed.
* Ensures adequate focus on personal professional growth relevant to taking on more challenging assignments, in line with standard audit career progression proactively seeks relevant education and training opportunities.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Skills
* A minimum of 1 to 2 years experience in audit, finance, or related field.
* Public accounting firm and/or industry experience preferred.
* Bachelor s degree in accounting, finance, business, or equivalent degree.
* CPA required or must be actively seeking this certification.
* Other professional certifications (e.g., CIA or CFE) a plus.
* Basic knowledge of USGAAP, USGAAS, IFRS and SoX.
* Demonstrated track record of integrity, innovation, and excellence.
* Solid listening skills and ability to identify gaps in logic inquisitive.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills to deliver high quality, actionable feedback to client management on identified issues and potential solutions to close gaps.
* High attention to detail and strong analytical, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
* Strong organization and follow up skills including the ability to handle competing priorities and meet all deadlines and commitments.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio), required; and computer skills on ACL, accounting software and databases, preferred.
* Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports.
* Ability to follow instructions accurately and efficiently; proactive in asking clarifying questions to ensure work effort is directed wholly toward desired outcome as well as to assume additional responsibilities.
* Ability to identify underlying cause of an issue raised.
* Willingness and ability to multi-task and adapt to new circumstances, information, and challenges.
* Demonstrates a positive, can-do attitude and reliability.
* Bilingual English and Spanish required.
* Ability and willingness to travel at least 65% domestically and internationally.
Laureate Education, Inc. and its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers. EOE.