Staff Data Scientist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONStaff Data Scientist
Equinix is the leading global interconnection platform, accelerating business performance by connecting companies to their customers and partners inside the world s most networked data centers. More than 4,500 of the world s most demanding customers trust us to provide a place where they can run their mission-critical applications and grow their businesses. Our dream is to interconnect the world and create a historically significant company in the process. Today we are a $3 billion company with over 3,500 employees worldwide, and we re growing in fact, in 2013, Forbes named Equinix as the #15 Fastest Growing Technology Company in America. Our leadership team is top notch, our employees are dedicated and committed to customers and each other, and our size is just right for people who truly want to make a difference every day.
If this sounds like the kind of company you d like to be part of, it gets better ..
Equinix Data Science team is on a mission to help build data driven culture across the organization. We are looking for a storyteller who can weave structured and unstructured data and extract value out of it.
Ideal candidate would be a strong data wrangler with a hacker mindset, artistic, an expert statistician, and a beautiful storyteller.
* Accountable for end-to-end data science related project(s)
* Conduct requirements workshops with different stakeholders to identify and understand business problem(s)
* Collaborate with team to formulate innovative solutions to experiment and implement advanced data science solutions
* Accountable for product release certification ensuring highest quality and customer experience
* Work with large volumes of data; extract and manipulate large datasets using standard tools such as Python, Hadoop, R, SQL, Spark
* Analyze data covering a wide range of information from user profile to transaction history. Identify new risk patterns through data mining
* Communicate complex concepts and the results of the analyses in a clear and effective manner through creative visualization
* Masters/Bachelor degree in Statistics/Applied Math/Operational Research/Computer Science or related field
* 5+ experience of working experience in software or related industry
* 2+ experience as data scientist working on various data science projects.
* Experienced in developing machine learning models for real-world problems using R, python or other languages
* Familiar with big data technologies like Hadoop, Hive, Pig and Spark
* Able to conceptualize prototypes and evolve them to full fledge solutions
* Able to articulate the findings and work in a team environment
* Be a talent multiplier who gets the team around them to excel
* Be persistent, creative and driven to get results relentlessly
* Exhibit a strong backbone to challenge the status quo, when needed
* Show pride of ownership and strive for excellence in everything undertaken
* Exhibit a high level of curiosity, keeping abreast of the latest trends & technologies