Staff Designer 9/15/2016
East Aurora, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
* Product design responsibilities from concept to production on a wide variety of product to include technology based toys, learning toys, role play toys, and arts and crafts activity products.
* Actively generate new feature toy opportunities to enhance the Fisher-Price brand.
* Proficient in brainstorming in a team environment with the purpose of generating ideas and concepts.
* Support design management by addressing the strategic goals.
* Partner with development design, engineering, packaging and marketing to insure product integrity and marketing objectives.
* Daily communication with our Asia partners.
* Successfully present and communicate concepts to the design, marketing and engineering management.
* Manage all phases of design and development within the company.
* Participate in all of the stages of product development to insure that our products can be manufacturable and profitable from a cost and target margins perspective.
Experience, Education & Skills
* Innovative qualities and are able to look at the world and Mattel with fresh perspective, forming original ideas and creating new relevance. You are extremely resilient and overcome obstacles by rethinking or re-imagining the business and inspiring others to do the same.
* Communication skills to promote a free flow of information and communication throughout the organization. You convey confidence, ease and enthusiasm when communicating with a variety of audiences, job levels and stakeholders. Your communication style creates a feeling of energy, excitement and personal investment.
* Analytical/Strategic mindset and are capable of synthesizing and prioritizing a large volume of information. You can think critically to make clear, well-reasoned and rational decisions. You see ahead clearly and can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
* Ideation, brainstorming and concept rendering.
* Strong sketching, mechanical and personal skills required.
* Generation of 3-D Geometry and 2-D digital design.
* Knowledge of design software programs such as Alias, Rhino, Solidworks, Photoshop and Illustrator are preferred
* Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Solid project management skills required.
* Some soft goods development.
* Ability to travel. Some travel is required.
* Degree in Industrial Design or related field.
* Minimum of 7-10 years of appropriate experience in consumer product design is required.
* Hardgood and Softgood experience is preferred (Toy experience is highly desirable).
* Experience with mechanical and/or manufacturing design processes.
* Plastics, electronics, and/or mechanical experience a plus.
* Portfolio submission is required with application.
Fisher-Price, Inc. is a subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT) with offices located in East Aurora, N.Y. and New York, N.Y. Fisher-Price is one of the most trusted brands in babygear, infant and preschool toys, and conducts business in 150 countries around the world, producing toys in more than 40 languages. Child development expertise coupled with innovation is reflected in the company s best-known brands including Laugh & Learn , Little People , Power Wheels , and Imaginext . We re also a leading developer of character-based toys for children s programming such as Thomas & Friends , Dora and Friends: Into the City!, and Jake and the Never Land Pirates. For more information, visit www.fisher-price.com (U.S.) and www.fisher-price.ca (Canada) or connect with Fisher-Price on Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer