This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 11/25/2016
Nokia Siemens Networks
Mountain View, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
As a Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer you help design and further develop one of the most successful line of products in the IP router market today: the 7750 SR internet router and its further evolutions in Mobile Gateways and Data Center world.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / FUNCTIONS:
Employee will be required to design, develop, script and execute sophisticated tests to verify conformance of features and their functionality implemented by Engineering against requirements specifications laid out by Product Marketing. Employee will be responsible for driving the feature to completion (ready for GA release) and will therefore have to interact extensively with Software, Hardware, Firmware and Product Marketing teams. Also this position is expected to play a role in system design so that Quality Assurance is considered throughout the entire lifecycle of the product.
Duties include developing, modifying and executing software test plans, analyzing and writing test standards and procedures, maintaining documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modifying software, and analyzing test results to ensure functionality and recommending corrective action. Will consult with developing engineers to resolve issues and provide feedback in preparation of technical appraisals of programming languages, systems and computation software.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE)
- Knowledge (and experience if possible) of routing protocols (OSPF, ISIS, BGP) and/or signaling protocols (RSVP, LDP)
- Experience and knowledge of Linux and programming languages (preferably scripting languages such as TCL, Python, Perl, shell)
- Knowledge (and experience if possible) of Mobile Gateways (GGSN- SGW - PGW) architecture and protocols is a big plus
- Knowledge (and experience if possible) of NFV (Network Function Virtualization), SDN, Virtualized Switching products and related virtualization technologies (KVM/QEMU, Xen, Vmware ESXi) is a big plus.
- Experience in IP networking testing and troubleshooting
- Familiarity with networking test tools (IXIA, Spirent, IPerf, Wireshark, etc).
- Proven aptitude for methodical problem solving, good communication skills, strong attention to detail, and ability to work well in a close-knit team.
- quick learner, self starter.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE)
MSCS/EE degree or BS with experience in networking.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DO NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANY EMPLOYEE OR APPLICANT FOR EMPLOYMENT BECAUSE OF RACE, COLOR, SEX, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, STATUS AS A VETERAN, AND BASIS OF DISABILITY OR ANY OTHER FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL PROTECTED CLASS.