This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 2/18/2017
O'Brien & Gere Business Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONO'Brien & Gere has become more than an engineering solutions company throughout our history of creating a better future since 1945.
At the center of our story are clients ranging from advanced manufacturers to higher education, federal agencies, and municipalities. These clients trust us to deliver sustainable solutions and integrate innovative technology to solve the evolving advanced manufacturing, energy, environmental, and water challenges of today and tomorrow.
By living our mission of People creating a better future by making a difference each day, we are improving natural and built environments for our clients, employees, and communities. And our story keeps getting better
O'Brien & Gere is currently seeking a Staff Geologist for our Albany, NY office. The successful candidate will be responsible for duties that include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Work with multidisciplinary teams under the direction of senior scientists/engineers in implementing field investigation programs
* Perform field tasks / sampling and field documentation as part of environmental investigation and remediation projects at primarily industrial / hazardous waste sites in primarly NY but also PA, NJ and Northeastern US
* Oversight and coordination of subcontractors performing field work and laboratory analyses
* Perform data entry, data management and analysis using various technical software including database and Microsoft Excel programs
* Contribute to preparation of reports and other documentation; assist in technical evaluations of data commensurate with technical skills
* Individual must be capable of completing field work with basic supervision
Skills and Qualifications
* BS/MS in Geology/Hydrogeology
* 2 to 4 years of technical and field investigation experience, including soil and bedrock logging, well installation and soil/ground water sampling techniques under state and federally regulated programs
* Strong academic background in geologic studies, ground water hydraulics, and geochemistry
* Excellent written/verbal communication skills are essential
* Experience with ArcGIS a plus but not required
* OSHA 40-hour certification with a current 8 hr refresher certification
* Position will require approximately 75% field work, overnight travel 15 - 25%.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Should an applicant require reasonable accommodation with the application or the interview process, please notify the Human Resources Department.
O'Brien & Gere is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer