Staff Geologist / Task Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Arcadis U.S. Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Arcadis is seeking a detail-oriented, well-organized, dependable Staff Geologist / Task Manager to join our Knoxville, Tennessee Team.
This mid-level full-time position requires strict adherence to health and safety procedures, attention to detail, strong work ethic, and excellent communication skills. Successful candidate will assist project teams with the collection of field data, samples, and site assessment information; will oversee drilling and soil sampling activities; conduct ACM inspections and provide oversight of ACM abatement; prepare field logs and reports; and will assist project teams with the analysis of data and the compilation of reports. Responsibilities may include:
* Conducting environmental site assessments (soil and ground water sampling)
* Various types of sampling/ field work and remedial construction oversight
* Preparation of field reports and data analysis
* Oversee drilling
* Travel requirements are approximately 80%, all within 300 miles of Knoxville, TN
* 5-10 years experience
* Bachelors of Science in Geology, or related field
* Strong experience and comfort working with different drilling methods
* Strong experience and comfort working in MS Office Software
* Good written and verbal communication skills (Writing sample required)
* Must be willing to travel approximately 80%, all within 300 miles of Knoxville, TN
Background/Drug Screen Statementcolor
Arcadis conducts background checks on all final candidates for employment. Certain jobs will also require a clean driving record, education verification & certification verification.
Required Driving Statementcolor
This position requires a current valid driver s license and clean driving record.
* 5+ years of Environmental Consulting experience
* MS in Geology, or related field
* Current OSHA 40 Hr HAZWOPER Training
* Experience with soil and ground water sampling techniques and equipment, Environmental Compliance auditing, permitting and Phase I/II ESA work
* Licensed TN AHERA Inspector and Project Monitor
* FRA Training and ErailSafe Certification
* Local candidates preferred
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
What country will this position be in*
Apply to job Send to friend Save to cart View similar jobs
ARCADIS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.