Staff Hardware Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/23/2016
ARRIS Group, Inc.
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY #LI-SS1
The Staff Hardware Engineer will actively participate in the design, development, testing and documentation for the IP based home video delivery product line (including peripheral products).
- Hardware design lead in charge of product life cycle from concept to production such as create product high level design proposal, create and review Electrical High-Level and Low-Level design documentations, create and review schematics and board layout, Bill of Materials, perform cost analysis and communicate with vendors for additional information, and perform test and debug of hardware systems.
- Use hardware and software tools for circuit design simulation, perform necessary tests with advance equipment to assist in developing and debugging of hardware.
- Work closely with members from various teams such as software, testing and join design manufacturer (JDM) across different regions and time zone throughput the entire product development process.
- Hands on experience with Network Analyzer, Spectrum Analyzer, Digital Oscilloscope, etc.
- Strong troubleshooting skills with effective written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in system level wireless communication design, RF and Analog design (WiFi 802.11n/ac, audio/video, high speed interfaces) and MoCA is preferred
- Experience with S parameter simulation on RF front end design and computer assisted programming.
- Conduct weekly meeting (on-line and face to face) with team members, customers, design partners and track product development issues and followup with action items.
Must have minimum bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering or similar engineering field from an accredited program or university.
Minimum 5 years of hardware experience.
As an EOE/AA employer, ARRIS will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicants race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.