Staff IT Networks Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
ARRIS Group, Inc.
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ARRS2014
ARRIS is a premier video and broadband technology company that transforms how service providers worldwide deliver entertainment and communications without boundaries. Its powerful end-to-end platforms enable service and content providers to improve the way people connect with each other and with their favorite content. The Companys vision and expertise continue to drive the industrys innovations, as they have for more than 60 years. Headquartered north of Atlanta, in Suwanee, Georgia, ARRIS has R&D, sales and support centers throughout the world.
Design and implementation of wide area and local network solutions. Support customer facing data centers and applications in a high availability environment as well as engineering and QA labs.
* Daily maintenance and configuration of routers, switches, firewalls and load balancers for all ARRIS locations
* Daily management of ASA and Palo Alto Firewalls and associated security policies for all ARRIS locations
* Work with remote team members to assist with new deployments and solve problems on the Corporate infrastructure globally
* Monitor performance and Configure Cisco and Juniper Switches and Routers
* Maintain monitoring systems including Syslog-Ng, Visual Networks, Solarwinds, and Zabbix for local site and application specific colocation facilities
* Monitor, maintain, support, and deploy F5 LTM load balancers to maintain application integrity
* Deploy and maintain SSL and X509 certifications and work with customers to update certifications prior to expiration
* Support customer facing data centers and applications in a high availability environment
* Work with local facilities team for data center related tasks
* Interface with Engineering population to recommend and define network requirements
* Support Engineering and Lab deployments and troubleshooting efforts for networks and servers
* Support local IT group for network related changes, deployments, and troubleshooting efforts for networks and servers
* Assist Operations teams with troubleshooting end user and customer issues. Work with remote administrators to maintain VOIP and Video Conferencing in the local office
* Assist users with voice and video conferencing setup
* Provide on call and after hours support for customer deployments, planned maintenance, unplanned troubleshooting, outages and repair efforts
* Provide off hours availability to support customer in global time zones
* Troubleshoot and diagnose wireless connectivity issues in a saturated environment
* Determine new technology strategies to further business needs
* Troubleshoot WAN and LAN connectivity and throughput issues
PLEASE NOTE: RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS NOT AVAILABLE WITH THIS POSITION. Skills:
* Cisco ASA Firewalls and related VPN technologies
* Cisco Routers and Switches REQUIRED
* Cisco Call Manager VOIP desirable
* Cisco ACS 5.X for TACACS/Radius authentication
* Palo Alto Firewalls and VPN technologies
* Juniper routers and switches
* Aruba Wireless concentrators and access points
* F5 Load Balancers
* Bluecat Adonis/Proteus DNS/DHCP
* Quality of Service Class Based Queueing
* Advanced routing protocols (OSPF,BGP,EIGRP)
* IPv4/IPv6 dual stack environments
* Familiar with multicast networking
* Windows Server administration
* Linux Server administration
* Understanding of Coax and RF networks is desirable but not required
* Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot circuit connectivity issues
* Familiarity with monitoring systems such as SolarWinds, Visual Networks, LiveAction, NetBrain and Zabbix
* Ability to interpret packet capture data for application connectivity issue resolution
* 8 years of network architecture and/or WAN experience preferred.
Basic Qualifications: 5 years minimum network architecture and or WAN experience.
As an EOE/AA employer, ARRIS will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicants race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.