Staff Internal Auditor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSTAFF AUDITOR
$4B SEC Financial Services Company--Chicago, IL--Up to $65k
* Company provides support for a healthy lifestyle, professional development, competitive employee programs, and retirement.
* Company supports a balanced work and home life, including family programs and flexible work situations.
* Launch your career with a leading global financial institution!
* Targeting 1-2years of BIG 4 experience
POSITION SUMMARY OF AUDITOR
Seeking Auditor responsible for conducting and documenting routine audit examinations throughout the corporation. The Auditor is responsible for completing the audit in accordance with stated budget, timeframes, and department policies and standards. The Auditor also provides input to improve operational efficiency and/or enhance the design and operating effectiveness of the internal control environment.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE OF AUDITOR
* College/University degree and auditing and/or systems experience in a financial institution or similar public accounting experience in the financial services industry preferred.
* Knowledge of auditing in the financial services industry and basic accounting principles required.
* Professional certifications (e.g., CPA, SISA, CIA ACA, ACCA) and/or an MBA along with demonstrated technical abilities in select areas (e.g., accounting, regulatory compliance, etc.) preferred.
* Analytical and organizational skills necessary along with strong report writing and workpaper documentation skills.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF AUDITOR
* Function in various roles on audit engagements, including leading and staffing audit and providing consulting or oversight based on needs of the team.
* Responsible for staying current on regulatory rules and changes within the industry.
* Manage and perform special projects as assigned.
* Participate in meetings with business unit to discuss audit results.
* Communicate with partners at all levels and develop and present recommendations on operations and controls for business unit.
* Utilize understanding of various corporate units to endure operations, services, and systems have proper audit controls in place (i.e., design of the control environment).
* Evaluate corporate management, business processes, business controls, and operating practices during audits and consulting/monitoring engagements.
* Apply analytical skills to review information and determine potential control weaknesses.
* Develop a thorough understanding of corporation's methodology and adhere to all applicable department standards.
* Complete and compile a high-quality summary of findings and recommendations for review in a concise and professional manner.