Staff Mechanical Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
UTC Aerospace Systems
JOB DESCRIPTIONTop of Form
STAFF MECHANICAL ENGINEER
UTC Aerospace Systems (UTAS) is among the largest global suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and industrial products. We design and manufacture aerospace systems for commercial, regional, corporate and military aircraft and are a major supplier for international space programs. Our industrial products serve industries ranging from hydrocarbon, chemical and food processing to construction and mining.
Engine & Environmental Control Systems (E&ECS), one of eight business units in the UTAS family, designs and develops a wide variety of aerospace systems and components including jet engine controls, fuel delivery systems, fuel nozzles, engine gearboxes, engine ignition systems, power takeoff shafts, engine bleed air systems, cabin air conditioning systems, fuel tank inerting, cabin pressurization and control, aircraft ventilation systems, and various aircraft ice protection systems. E&ECS has the resources and expertise to design, qualify, and manufacture best in class equipment for our aerospace and engine customers.
E&ECS is looking for a mechanical design engineer with expertise in fuel pump design to work with a multi-disciplined, technical team in the design, development, and launch of aircraft engine accessory products including fuel pumps, gearboxes, and starters. The preferred candidate must have a track record of innovative mechanical design capability and strong analytical problem solving skills.
Major Job Responsibilities Include:
* Concept selection, design, analysis, and test of new products
* Engineering documentation and design tool improvement such as hardware specification development, test plans, analytical reports, test reports, reliability assessments, and Excel based tools for incorporation into company standard work
* Supporting new business proposals, formal design reviews, and customer presentations
* Adherence to engineering standard work
* Interfacing with management, suppliers, customers, and members of the technical design team
* Compliance with budget and schedule
* Satisfying external and internal customer needs subject to strong design and business constraints
* Providing timely and effective communication to management and customers
* Supporting engineering investigations to establish root cause, and implement appropriate corrective actions
*Education / Certifications
Bachelor of Science in mechanical or aerospace engineering or a related field required. Master's degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering and/or an MBA preferred.
*Experience / Qualifications
Selected candidate must accept ownership of the design and development of the product while satisfying the needs and concerns of all stakeholders.
* At least 7years demonstrated engineering excellence and progression in design, test, and fabrication of mechanical systems required
* Expertise with fuel pump technologies and specifically geared fuel pumps is preferred
* Background with engineering drawings, structural analysis, and 3D design software is preferred
* Working knowledge of gas turbine engines and their applications is preferred
* Proficiency in ACE and/or Design for Six Sigma, particularly DOE
* Proficiency in utilizing advanced Excel capabilities (i.e. VBA, Solver, etc.) in the development of engineered products
* Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
* Demonstrated creative problem solving experience and a robust work ethic
- Some travel may be required (domestic and international)
- Due to the nature of the work being done, applicants needs to be a US citizen or permanent resident
Base Salary - $110, to $115, Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Yes
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - No
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - Yes
Additional Compensation - $100, to $110,
7+ TO 10 YEARS EXPERIENCE
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS [note: bold skills and certification are required]
FUEL PUMP DESIGN/DEVELOPMENT - A MUST
Aerospace is a plus - Automotive/industrial works well too
Bachelors degree is required - Mechanical engineerpreferred
We need senior level, individual contributor with deep pump design experience. The hiring team is open to individuals in other industries, but this person needs to be able to bridge the gap between being technical and able to present to Sr. leadership. An individual with design experience would be ideal as well.
IDEAL CANDIDATE SHOULD HAVE WORKED FOR THE FOLLOWING COMPANY(IES):
Individuals from the following companies would be strongly preferred:
WHY WE\'RE A GREAT COMPANY
See role description.
Location: Rockford, IL
Industry: Aerospace / Aviation / Defense
Job Category: Engineering - Mechanical
Hours Per Week: 40
Visa Candidate Considered: No