Staff Nurse, Behavioral Health Adult, DePaul - Full Time Nights **Up to $10K Sign on Bonus Eligible
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
SSM Health Care
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SSM HEALTH is currently seeking a STAFF NURSE in Behavioral Health for their DEPAUL HOSPITAL ST. LOUIS location.
SSM HEALTH is a Catholic, not-for-profit health care system serving the comprehensive health needs of communities across the Midwest through one of the largest integrated delivery systems in the nation.
With care delivery sites in Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin, SSM Health includes 19 hospitals, more than 60 outpatient care sites, a pharmacy benefit company, an insurance company, two nursing homes, comprehensive home care and hospice services, a technology company and two accountable care organizations.
We are deeply rooted in our Missionand Values and guided by a strong commitment that it takes exceptional people to provide an exceptional experience that will deliver exceptional care and value. We are committed to helping our talented employees continue to grow on a personal and professional level.
The STAFF NURSE, BEHAVIORAL HEALTH ADOLESCENT UNIT will create an environment that leads to a positive patient care experience by evaluating, planning and implementing effective patient care plans within the guidelines of the standards of nursing care and operational guidelines. The Behavioral Health Staff Nurse will focus on the Health and Wellness of patients through identification of mental health issues, prevention of mental health problems and the care and treatment of persons with psychiatric disorders.
** SIGN ON BONUS - SHIFT DIFFERENTIALS - EXCELLENT BENEFITS **
* Coordinates and contributes to exceptional safe, quality patient care through accurate and timely patient assessments, re-assessments, development of an appropriate plan of care, evaluation of the effectiveness of care and modifies plan of care accordingly as measured by quality audits, observations and core measures.
* Contributes to safe, quality care through accurate and timely processing physicians orders, performing treatments, administering medication, interpreting/analyzing clinical data, and administering emergency procedures as measured by quality audits, core measures, preventable sentinel/serious events.
* Contributes to exceptional quality and safe patient care by demonstrating competency in clinical nursing skills, procedures/treatments, and critical decision making and maintaining a high level of expertise in professional nursing as measured by quality audits, core measures and preventable sentinel /serious events.
* Contributes to exceptional patient satisfaction by establishing a compassionate patient environment by timely responding to patients' needs, open communication and providing emotional, psychological support to patients, friends and families as measured by patient satisfaction.
* Ensures exceptional physician and employee commitment through collaboration, effective communication and timely and accurate documentation as measured by physician and employee satisfaction and documentation audits.
* Contributes to the achievement of exceptional health care by functioning as a member of the team as measured by active participation in department initiatives, unit meetings, committees and special projects.
SSM Health values our exceptional employees. We are committed to helping our employees lead a healthy lifestyle by offering a comprehensive benefits package to fit their needs including those that promote physical, financial and emotional well-being.
Our robust employee benefits package includes:
Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
Long-term disability coverage
Health and dependent care reimbursement accounts
Paid time off
An employee assistance program
Retirement plan options
* Full and Part Time benefits available
* Shifts consist of three, 12-hour shift per week for full time or two, 12-hour shift per week for part time
* Every third weekend and rotating holidays
* Must be a Registered Nurse within the state of Missouri.
* Must have a minimum of one (1) to two (2) years experience. Experience in a Behavioral Health setting is highly preferred.
* A Bachelor's degree of Nursing is preferred.
* Customer Service abilities and effective listening skills
* Exceptional critical thinking and the ability to work in a team in a fast paced environment
* Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, pushing, pulling, and lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 100 pounds
SSM Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the law. Visit the following link to learn more: