Staff Nurse/CVI/9 ICU/3 12's MN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title
Staff Nurse/CVI/9 ICU/3 12's MN
Job Location Name
The Registered Nurse (RN) is a member of the Patient Care Services Team. The Registered Nurse is responsible for the satisfactory completion of nursing care by the nursing team. The RN manages and provides patient care activities for a group of patients and their families through application of independent judgment, communication and collaboration with all team members including ancillary and support services. The role of the Registered Nurse at the DMC encompasses leadership, partnership, collaboration, teaching and supervision. The RN establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with physicians and other health care providers to achieve desired patient outcomes throughout the continuum of care. The RN delegates, assesses, provides and evaluates patient care. The RN assesses, monitors and evaluates patient status by observing the patient, noting data collected by other team members and analyzing this information to independently develop a plan of nursing care which is implemented by the care delivery team under the supervision of the RN. The RN provides and delegates patient care activities to team members based upon patient needs and team member skills/abilities and supervises the delivery of care by other team members. The RN evaluates patient response to treatment and nursing interventions and if needed, revises the plan of care. The RN monitors patient progress and prepares patient for discharge, utilizing established clinical pathways. The RN reports directly to senior unit management, participates in shared decision-making activities and establishes relationships with professionals in other healthcare and community organizations to develop strong partnerships that support improved patient outcomes and the health of the community served.
1. Supervises, including assignment and evaluation of subordinate team members, and provides patient care on a daily basis.
2. Participates in the employment process related to peers and subordinate team members; addresses employee problems, complaints, disputes or requests as the first level of supervision; evaluates their performance post hire; and is authorized to issue work improvement plans to subordinates.
3. Adheres to the mission, vision, values and code of Business Conduct as established by the DMC and its associate facilities.
4. Complies with approved policies, procedures, guidelines and standards as established by the DMC and its associated facilities.
5. Demonstrates an understanding of and a commitment to customer service values of respect, courtesy, ownership, privacy, professionalism and responsiveness.
6. Completes mandatory education and training as defined by the DMC and the specific employer-facility.
7. Maintains a safe working environment through compliance with established policies and procedures and timely reporting of safety variances.
8. Demonstrates a commitment to improving the work environment through participation in meetings, timely and effective communication and an embracement of cultural diversity.
Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
2. BSN preferred.
3. Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Michigan.
Nursing - Licensed
At Detroit Medical Center (DMC), we are committed to maintaining an environment of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action. If you need a reasonable accommodation to access the information provided on this web site, please contact the DMC facility where the position is available, for further assistance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual disability.