Staff Nurse Urgent Care - Per Diem/Reserve - Variable Shifts
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
Group Health Cooperative
JOB DESCRIPTIONWHAT DOES IT MEAN TO WORK AT GROUP HEALTH?
At Group Health, our mission is to enrich peoples lives by improving health. As a Group Health employee, your role is to deliver on that mission every day by living our valuesCustomer Focus, Accountability, Innovation, Excellence, and Integrity. You take initiative, set goals, and solve problems while collaborating with friends and colleagues. Together we make a meaningful impact on our community.
In return, Group Health is committed to providing you competitive pay, excellent benefits, and an opportunity to make a difference each day as we strive to reach our vision to be the preferred health care partner by excelling in quality, service, and affordability.
The Urgent Care (UC) RN assumes responsibility and accountability for a designated group of patients, using the nursing process, GHC Nursing Care Standards, UC Nursing Care Standards, the Nursing Code of Ethics, GHC Policies and contract agreements. The UC RN works cooperatively with the medical staff to manage the UC patient population, and to coordinate and facilitate healthcare services for the patient. The UC RN is accountable for both the provision of nursing care and the coordination of care for patients in collaboration with the healthcare team.
For more information detailing the innovative work and amazing achievements our nursing teams accomplish through their dedicated focus in providing the highest levels of quality patient care, please visit: https://www1.ghc.org/html/public/nursing.
Minimum: One year Emergency Department / Intensive Care Unit / Urgent Care experience within the last two years Preferred: Two years Emergency Department or Urgent Care experience
NOTE: APPLICANTS MUST MEET MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
* Excellent triage and assessment skills
* Demonstrated knowledge and experience in cardiac monitoring
* Ability to start and maintain IVs
* Ability to exercise independent professional judgment
* Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
* Demonstrates an exceptional level of easily understood verbal communication on the phone
* Ability to collaborate with care team members
* Demonstrates care, courtesy and concern in all consumer and colleague interactions
* Provides culturally sensitive care including consideration for diverse cultures, ethnicity, language, community, background and healthcare beliefs
* Ability to educate and instruct patients and families in accordance with the nursing plan of care
* Intermediate computer and keyboarding skills
Minimum: Graduate of accredited RN program. Preferred: Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Minimum: Current Washington State RN license, CPR, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Certification (ENPC) are required within 6 months of hire
Preferred: Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) or Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC), Chemotherapy certification
Group Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
Schedule: Per Diem
J2W code: NUR5E