Staff Product Support Engineer L4 -San Jose
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
San Jose, CA
As one of the world s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Product Support Engineer L4 is a key technical role within of Bruker Nano Surfaces BNS Division, manufacturer of the world's leading Atomic Forces Microscopes, Stylus profilers, Mechanical Testers, and non-contact 3D optical microscopes. This position provides technical leadership and is responsible for the support and training deliverables for new product introduction and sustaining product life cycle of BNS instruments, application modules, and accessories. In addition, this position provides direct instrumentation and post-sale application support, escalation and training support for our internal support organization, as well coaching and mentoring of team. Individual must be customer focused with a strong technical background enabling our customers to maintain their instrument at peak performance and maximize productivity for their intended use case.
* 30%: Independent ownership and technical leadership to execute analysis, provide recommendations, and own the execution of the service deliverables for both New Product Introduction (NPI) and through the Product Life Cycle (PLC) for a specific instrument or group of instruments and application modules. Service deliverables include but are not limited to:
* Design for Service DfS (diagnostics/maintainability/KPIs) recommendations and cross functional alignment in phase 1 and continue to provide rapid and effective feedback through release and until DfS targets obtained.
* Field Replaceable Unit (FRU) strategy and implementation: remove and replace (R&R) level for customer, field, and regional repair. Cost analysis, pricing, and service stock recommendations.
* Create, author, test, and published service documentation including but not limited to: field installation and user training procedures, acceptance checklists, functional descriptions, system schematics, interconnect diagrams, remove and replace procedures, advanced troubleshooting guides, technical support bulletins, teaching and training collateral and other technical documentation needed to provide comprehensive post-sale support
* Create, author, experiment, test, and optimize customer facing and internal teaching and training curriculum, develop and author training collateral (presentation, videos, webinars, technical guides), deliver training courses, lab sessions, administer both written and lab tests, and manage service engineer certification for assigned instrument or group of instruments and application modules
* Analysis of support activity, identification, and solution plan recommendation for improvement opportunities
* Analysis of impact, recommendation, & service implementation of Engineering Change Orders (ECOs)
* Recommend definition, develop, & implement effective end of manufacturing and obsolescence support strategy
* 20%: Primary technical liaison between factory and field. Provide advanced system level escalation support for a specific instrument or group of instruments and application modules including but not limited to technical leadership, test & experimentation, analysis, collaboration with engineering or other cross-functional partners, corrective actions, on-site execution, and effective communication including presentation material both internal to team as well as cross functionally.
* 20%: Empower customers and internal team to optimize performance of their BNS instrument for their application by teaching advanced theory of operation and training of BNS instrumentation, upgrade, accessories, and application.
* 20%: Work directly with customers to diagnose advanced BNS instrument, user, and application issues including but not limited to
* Diagnose, research, experiment, test, develop, optimize, communicate, and execute the most efficient solution plan for complex electro mechanical hardware/software instrument issues, user issues, and post-sale advanced application issues.
* Maximize instrument and/or accessory capability and performance to meet specification and/or customer application requirement on both standard and non-standard samples
* Create and maintain record of activity in support database
* 10%: Install and qualify BNS instrument, upgrade, and/or accessory
* Other duties as assigned
* 35% travel both domestically and internationally on short notice
* Able to work in Government sites, cleanroom, production floor, & laboratory environments
* Must have & maintain valid driver s license
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Customer focused, passionate about science and technology, and eager to enable customers with Bruker technology. Proven proficiency in tribology and mechanical testing. Proven excellent analytical capability, theoretical understanding of physics, working knowledge of electronics, mechanics, control systems, computers, networking, and common tooling such as oscilloscope, multi-meter, etc to be an effective problem solver of complex system, product user, and/or application issues. Proven ability to install, qualify and be a trainer and technical resource that effectively empowers our customers and internal team for unique, 1st time, complex electro-mechanical instrumentation and application modules. Demonstrated ability to experiment, test, optimize, and develop best practice for support and post-sale application activity. Proven ability to author technical publications and training material. Demonstrated ability to provide clear, logical, and effective communication. Proven ability to develop, communicate, implement, and execute assigned project including achieving required deliverables on time.
Minimum of doctorate degree, PhD, in scientific or engineering field from accredited university or college with 3 year experience, or master s degree in scientific or engineering field from accredited university or college with 6 year relevant experience, or bachelor s degree in scientific or engineering field from accredited university or college with 8 year relevant experience.
Bruker Corporation offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and tuition assistance (as applicable).
Bruker is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Certain positions at Bruker require compliance with export control laws and as a result, all interviewed candidates for all positions will be screened pre-interview to determine their eligibility in light of export control restrictions.