Staff SQA Engineer (Content Application Test) - 8075
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/22/2016
Palo Alto Networks
Santa Clara, CA
Palo Alto Networks is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
Content QA team is responsible for releasing software that helps PAN customers to identify thousands of Apps and counting. It also helps the customer in protecting their networks against known and yet to be disclosed vulnerabilities. The team focuses on understanding various Applications and Threats and is well versed in the latest happenings in this space. With a CAN DO attitude and curiosity as common traits, this team likes to handle challenges. Being part of this team gives one the opportunity to work on the latest in Network Security and develop an understanding of building the best in class network security solution. As a member of this team, one is expected to help deliver releases multiple times a week and also develop tools and systems that solve complex issues.
* Responsible for testing the Palo Alto Networks Next Generation firewall.
* This role provides exposure to all new web or network applications that lead the market including everything from enterprise Cloud based ERP and CRM, to Google Plus, Google Wallet, Skype, LinkedIn, file-sharing, social networking, streaming media, and online meeting sites.
* Understand, install, and execute testing of applications against our security platform to maintain, enhance and ensure the overall quality of our application detection.
* Focus on quality and customers.
* Execute detailed test cases.
* Be a part of a team responsible for releasing critical customer impacting content updates.
* 1+ years as test engineer for network-related (L2-L7) products
* Highly motivated, detailed and eager to learn individual.
* Network analysis tools (Wireshark, Tcpdump, Fiddler)
* HTTP and SSL/TLS
* Networking and TCP/IP
* Knowledge of regular expressions
* Regression, integration, and system-level testing
* Virtual test environments
* Web application testing
* Windows / Linux services installation and configuration (HTTP, DHCP, DNS, FTP, MAIL Protocols etc.)
* Testing mobile and desktop clients over a variety of applications against a network security product
* Deep understanding of how the Internet works at a network packet level is essential
* VoIP / SIP experience is desirable
* Perl, Python, scripting language experience is desirable
* BS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
* MS or PhD a plus
Learn more about Palo Alto Networks here and check out our fast facts
Palo Alto Networks competes for the best talent. Our compensation packages consist of salary and equity, and are commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full suite of benefits, including 401(K). Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.