Staff SW Eng
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
ARRIS Group, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY #LI-SS1
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an outstanding team of engineers developing products for the leading Cable providers of the world. Arris Workforce Management products are used to manage tens of thousands of technicians worldwide on a daily basis, and are considered mission critical systems for our customers operations. In this role, you will develop customer-facing cloud-deployed software products that save our customers millions of dollars.
You will be a key member of a product development team consisting of product developers, quality engineers, product managers, and customer application experts charted with rapid development of mobile workforce management software. Were looking for someone with a proven ability to validate products deployed in cloud infrastructure.
* Develop and administer database solutions for Microsoft SQL Server in an Azure environment
* Monitor database availability, usage, and performance in a production environment
* Support database requirements in multiple environments (development, test, QA, UAT) for a collaborative and dynamic engineering team
* Perform data modeling for a highly transactional OLTP environment
* Develop database solutions to manage production data and schema upgrades
* Be responsible for the development of database objects, SQL code and Transact SQL routines
* Performance tuning and Optimization of SQL and Transact SQL using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
* Strong experience with Database Administration for Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012
* Prefer 6 years of DBA
* Strong data modeling and design experience in an OLTP environment
* Strong Transact SQL coding experience
* Strong SQL development skills
* ETL experience
* Ability to create, deploy, and maintain database objects (tables, procedures, triggers,)
* Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
* Strong performance tuning skills, SQL, index management, and Transact SQL code optimization
* Experience working collaboratively with Engineering, Support, and IT organizations to schedule, troubleshoot, and manage changes to a production Microsoft SQL Server environment
* Knowledge of replication, High Availability (HA), and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for Microsoft SQL Server
* Experience with change tracking and source control software
* Experience with Microsoft SQL clusters both physical and virtual
* Experience implementing operational automation using scripts
* Familiar with de-normalization of data for Data Mart / Data Warehouse environments
* Familiar with programming web applications using C#/.NET preferred
* Familiar with Agile development methodologies such as SCRUM
* Effective written and verbal communication skills.
* Effective time management
* Familiarity with Microsoft Azure a plus
Bachelor's Degree in engineering or computer science (or equivalent experience) and 4 years of software engineering experience
Relo not provided for this position.
an EOE/AA employer, ARRIS will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicants race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.