Staff Scientist / Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Kleinfelder is an employee-owned architectural, engineering, and science consulting firm providing solutions to meet our world's complex infrastructure and natural resource challenges.
Kleinfelder has nearly 2,000 employee-owners with offices nationwide and abroad. With over 50 years of experience, Kleinfelder's reputation for providing innovative, commonsense solutions to the most complex challenges has solidified its status as a trusted partner to its global clients and a leader in the industry. Working as a team, Kleinfelder's bright people will deliver the right solutions.
Kleinfelder is looking for a Staff Scientist/Engineer to join our Environmental practice in southern California. This position will reside in our downtown Los Angeles or Irvine office and will help support our strong backlog of assessment, compliance , and remediation work in southern California, across the state and nationally. This is an exciting and challenging position that requires exceptional verbal and written communication skills and a highly organized and responsive candidate, capable of working in a diverse team environment and handling multiple tasks with competing priorities.
The ideal candidate must be able to work independently as an integral team member, using knowledge of industry and/or professional guidelines and protocols to accomplish goals and objectives and solve problems of diverse scope. Some weekend and night work required
* Prepare Air Quality Permits/Plans/Reports, Compliance Audits, Construction and Industrial Storm Water Plans, Spill Prevention Plans, Hazardous Materials Business Plans, Annual Emissions Reports, and other supporting technical studies.
* Site assessment and remediation tasks as necessary to support local client base.
* Provide technical expertise on multiple tasks simultaneously within scope/schedule/budget
* Work with the project manager to ensure quality is achieved on project deliverables.
* Expresses ideas and information in a clear and concise manner.
* Tailors message to fit the interests and needs of the audience.
* Delivers information in a manner that is interesting and compelling to the listener.
Delivering High Quality Work
* Critically reviews work processes to ensure quality.
* Addresses problems that could impact quality.
* Makes sure project deliverables and services meet all requirements and expectations.
* Does not make the same mistakes twice.
* Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Science, Civil Engineering, Geology, Industrial Hygiene, or other related field required.
* Master's degree or equivalent desired.
* Professional registration desired
* Risk Management and Process Safety Management experience are a plus.
* 3-8 years of related experience, demonstrating successful technical execution on environmental compliance programs.
Other Knowledge and Skills: Must have strong oral and written communication skills, and be client focused to understand and appropriately respond to clients' project needs. Focus will be on results-oriented delivery, and staying current with relevant technology and innovation. Must have proficient knowledge of federal, state and local agencies, laws, regulations, and permitting requirements.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)