This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 2/23/2017
TE connectivity is seeking an immediate filling of a senior material scientist position in the corporate technology group at Fremont, California. The Technology Group is a corporate resource dedicated to developing, researching and applying technology to support the business units of TE Connectivity.
The senior material scientist will work closely with team colleagues, in collaboration with business unit partners, leading a small project team to develop new materials and technical solutions towards applications. The ideal candidate will have educational background on polymer science or material science, years of work experience in materials development, and strong people and technology leadership skill. The successful candidate will be directly responsible for the development of the novel material or technical solutions for components and connectors applications in consumer, automotive or industrial business.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
Primary responsibilities include, but not limited to:
* Conduct research and experiments in novel composites material development areas that offer the promise of improved material properties or additional new functions
* Lead a small project team in cross-functional teams
* Drive the materials development from the research area to application in products
* Work with business units to solve challenge technical problems
* Be creative, passionate and able to bring in innovative technical solution and materials
* Set technical direction and define credible technical pathways to achieve the goals
* Build up network connections with internal business units and external customers
* Participate in technical roadmap development and technology assessments
* Collaborate across geographical and BU boundaries
* Ph.D. in Material Science, Chemistry, Polymer Science, Chemical Engineering or related field.
* Laboratory research experience is essential
* Highly self-motivated and hard-working individual with a strong bias for action and impact
* High level of initiative and drive with a strong sense of urgency and accountability
* In-depth knowledge of the latest material technology on composites materials, polymer materials or chemical science
* A strong team player with positive, proactive and professional attitude
* Be studious, willing to solve challenges and work under pressure
* Demonstrated ability to develop customer relationship with leading edge technology internally and externally
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent presentation skills
* Impeccable ethics and integrity