Staff Scientist Medical Oncology
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTION- - - # Staff Scientist \- Medical Oncology Department:
PS Medical Oncology - - - # Description Requisition ID:
* Job Title:
* Staff Scientist \- Salgia lab
* Position Summary and Key Responsibilities:
* A Staff Scientist position is available in Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope\. The Staff Scientist series is designed for career research professionals whose primary function is to support the research infrastructure and activities of the institution\. Staff Scientists will bring special skills, knowledge and experience to research programs or institutional core laboratories\. Individuals appointed as staff scientists will receive a one\-year fixed\-term contract\.*
* Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
* - The Staff Scientist must possess, at a minimum, the U\.S\. equivalent bachelors or masters degree in an appropriate discipline, and will often have a Ph\.D\. or other doctoral level degree\.*
* About City of Hope
* City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life\-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient\-centered philosophy\. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non\-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand\-in\-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research\. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment\. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability\. .