Staff Software Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
ARRIS Group, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY #LI-SS1
ARRIS is a premier video and broadband technology company that transforms how service providers worldwide deliver entertainment and communications without boundaries. Its powerful end-to-end platforms enable service and content providers to improve the way people connect with each other and with their favorite content. The Companys vision and expertise continue to drive the industrys innovations, as they have for more than 60 years. Headquartered north of Atlanta, in Suwanee, Georgia, ARRIS has R&D, sales and support centers throughout the world.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an outstanding team of engineers developing products for the leading Cable providers of the world. Were looking for a Staff Software Engineer with proven experience successfully delivering and supporting software systems with the qualifications listed below. The software engineer will be responsible for designing and implementing software according to industry standard specifications and market-based requirements for a DOCSIS-compliant redundant network router.
PLEASE NOTE: RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS NOT AVAILABLE WITH THIS POSITION.
* An understanding of standard programming, software engineering techniques and software development tools
* 5 years experience in software development of routing protocols, networking features and/or data communications
* Experience in C/C programming language
* Experience in developing in a real-time operating system and/or embedded systems
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* Familiarity with DOCSIS Specification, database development, and/or routing protocols
* Experience developing in VxWorks Operating System environment
* Experience with ClearCase or similar source-control system
5 years experience in software development
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or closely related field
As an EOE/AA employer, ARRIS will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicants race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.