Staff Software Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB INFORMATION
Develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or infrastructure units. Lead, or play lead technical role in development teams' efforts to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the application. Participate in or review all of the steps in the software development life cycle to create and modify the software.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
* Participate with team of technical staff and business managers or practitioners in the business unit to determine systems requirements and functionalities needed in large/complex development project.
* Assess and develop high level design requirements for project and communicate in writing or in meetings with development team. Assess detailed specifications against design requirements.
* Review coding done to advance application upgrade, extension, or other development. Analyze application for data integrity issues.
* Develop test protocols or plan for testing revised application and review test results.
* Serve as project lead or lead technical staff in course of application development project
* May mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
* 4+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
* Proven abilities to program with Java, Java Script.
* Ability to collaborate across departments/divisions.
* Team lead or mentoring experiencepreferred.
* Strong communications skills (written and verbal).
* Bachelordegreein Computer Sciencee
As a condition of employment with employer, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.