Staff Software Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
ARRIS Group, Inc.
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY AC*CB
ARRIS is a premier video and broadband technology company that transforms how service providers worldwide deliver entertainment and communications without boundaries. Its powerful end-to-end platforms enable service and content providers to improve the way people connect with each other and with their favorite content. The Companys vision and expertise continue to drive the industrys innovations, as they have for more than 60 years. Headquartered north of Atlanta, in Suwanee, Georgia, ARRIS has R&D, sales and support centers throughout the world.
The Staff Software Engineer will help lead the development and testing of ARRIS's next-generation Wireless Video Bridge and IPTV Set Top Boxes.
* Candidate must have at least 10 years of experience in real-time embedded software development, and at least 5 years of experience on software architecture design.
* Candidate will involve in all phases of software development life cycle including design, implementation, unit testing, software integration, release, post-release customer support.
* Candidate is expected to have solid device driver development and troubleshooting background, as well as have high level application development experience.
PLEASE NOTE: RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS NOT AVAILABLE WITH THIS POSITION.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent experience) and 10 years of software engineering experience.
- Experience with embedded Linux or other RTOS, including boot loader, kernel, device drivers, flash-based file systems, in-depth knowledge of device driver and hardware interface would be a plus.
- Must possess solid software architecture background and be able to demonstrate good leadership skills, experience of leading a development team to launch an embedded device into production would be a strong plus.
- Must possess reliable and robust code practice for the development of highly reliable embedded systems
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical and problem solving skills, hands-on experience on various debug tools
- Expert knowledge in C, familiar with C
- Good understanding of various industry standard including 802.11n, 802.11ac, TR-069, TCP/IP, DHCP, MoCA
- Candidate must be a team player, energetic, and quick learner
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Hands on working experience on wireless product would be a strong plus
- Set Top Box working experience would be a plus
As an EOE/AA employer, ARRIS will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicants race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.