Staff Software Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
ARRIS Group, Inc.
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY #LI-SS1
The Staff Software Engineer will be involved in the development and testing of ARRIS's next-generation Wireless Video Bridge and IPTV Set Top Boxes. Candidate must have at least 10 years of experience in real-time embedded software development, and at least 5 years of experience on software architecture design. Candidate will involve in all phases of software development life cycle including design, implementation, unit testing, software integration, release, post-release customer support. Candidate is expected to have solid device driver development and troubleshooting background, as well as have high level application development experience.
- Experience with embedded Linux or other RTOS, including boot loader, kernel, device drivers, flash-based file systems, in-depth knowledge of device driver and hardware interface would be a plus
- Must possess solid software architecture background and be able to demonstrate good leadership skills, experience of leading a development team to launch an embedded device into production would be a strong plus
- Must possess reliable and robust code practice for the development of highly reliable embedded systems
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical and problem solving skills, hands-on experience on various debug tools
- Expert knowledge in C, familiar with C
- Good understanding of various industry standard including 802.11n, 802.11ac, TR-069, TCP/IP, DHCP, MoCA
- Candidate must be a team player, energetic, and quick learner
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Hands on working experience on wireless product would be a strong plus
- Set Top Box working experience would be a plus
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science and 10 years of software engineering experience
No relocation assistance provided.
As an EOE/AA employer, ARRIS will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicants race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.