Staff Software Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/15/2016
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
* Implement high quality Software Drivers for Ethernet switches
* Understand project requirements and develop high quality, scaleable code
* Take ownership of deliverables and work towards bringing an end product to life
* Assist team to perform test on robustness of test scripts as they are integrated
* Create and maintain module documentation
* Provide ongoing status reports on projects
* Provide customer centeric guidance and support
* Be able to work effectively both independently and within a team
Desired Skills and Experience:
* Strong programming background in C and working with drivers,
* Experience in IEEE Ethernet PHYs or Ethernet mac / Controllers
* Good understanding of IEEE 802.3 standards related to high speed intefaces for Copper/Backplane/Fiber is desirable
* Understanding of modern networking principles
* Good Knowledge of Perl,Python, C++ TCL will be a plus.
* Knowledge of Linux as well as multithreaded and multi-process systems
* Experience with IDE, source/version control software (GitHub,Perforce)
* Ability to solve problems and implement solutions proactively
* Self-motivated and goal oriented
* Highly analytical and structured thinker
* Attention to detail and effective time management skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* College degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering.
* Masters with 6+ years or Bachelors with 8+ years of Experience in C language system software development
IF YOU ARE LOCATED OUTSIDE USA, PLEASE BE SURE TO FILL OUT A HOME ADDRESS AS THIS WILL BE USED FOR FUTURE CORRESPONDENCE.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.