Senior Software Test Engineer 2
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/14/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
R4496 Senior Software Test Engineer 2 (Open)
Job Posting Title:
Senior Software Test Engineer 2
In this role, you will be primary owner of the platform qualification testing of Netscaler platforms and software, test collateral design & development, automation development, test execution and recreating customer reported defects of the Application Delivery Controller product line. Demonstrates expertise in a variety of test and QA practices, concepts and procedures. Relies on extensive judgment and wide-ranging test experience to plan and accomplish goals with engineering team(s). Performs consultation on complex projects. Provides leadership and coordination across multiple concurrent projects with complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires both broad and in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Assists Leads and Software Test Engineers in all aspects of the quality control process.
- Responsible for driving the planning and execution of L4-L7 platform functional testing of software & hardware product features.
- Provides guidance and leadership to other engineers and management on functionality, efficacy and quality.
- Leads conception and writing of platform test strategy and/or system/performance testcases and test automation for major release/core functional areas.
- Presents software defect tracking updates and reports to various stakeholders through the entire project release.
- Keeps technically abreast of trends and advancements within area of specialization, incorporating these improvements into the overall process and anticipating their application in future projects.
- Represents group in project team meetings and accurately communicates results.
- Maintains and drives continuous quality improvement in meeting internal and external customer requirements.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Good understanding of load balancers
- Expert level knowledge in L4-L7 system test methodologies, QA process, defect tracking, and software release cycle.
- Demonstrated ability in applying appropriate test methodologies including writing test plans and test cases.
- Solid knowledge of OS (Linux, FreeBSD), L2/L3 networking (VLANs, routing) and L4-L7 networking (TCP/IP, UDP, SNMP, NAT, SSL, Load Balancing, HTTP, etc.).
- Hands on experience with tools such as Sniffer, Ethereal/WireShark and networking traffic test boxes such as IXIA, Spirent, Breaking Point
- Scripting/language proficiency (such as PERL, Python, Expect, Shell scripting) Cloud Services: AWS, Azure, Cloud Stack / Open Stack, etc
- Hands on knowledge about Citrix ICA protocol is desirable
- BS or MS degree or equivalent in computer science, or related field.
- Good understanding of cloud and orchestration technologies is a big plus
- 5+ years of directly related work experience. Equivalent experience may be substituted for formal education.
- 5+ years of experience in software release cycle
Citrix is a cloud company that enables mobile workstyles. We create a continuum between work and life by allowing people to work whenever, wherever, and however they choose. Flexibility and collaboration is what we’re all about. The Perks: We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. You’ll enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We’ll give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us.
Citrix Systems, Inc. is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status and other protected classifications.