Staff Systems Engineer 9/10/2016
ARRIS Group, Inc.
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY #LI-SS1
ARRIS is a premier video and broadband technology company that transforms how service providers worldwide deliver entertainment and communications without boundaries. Its powerful end-to-end platforms enable service and content providers to improve the way people connect with each other and with their favorite content. The Companys vision and expertise continue to drive the industrys innovations as they have for more than 60 years.
The Sr. Systems Engineer is responsible for providing system integration and testing of video network infrastructure products in a research and development environment. Provide performance and integration test of network infrastructure products and act as technical resource to customer facing team members regarding complex field issues.
* Escalation Point from the Customer and Customer Support team for complex technical problems requiring lab replication prior to escalation to engineering.
* Interoperability Acceptance Tests and Design documentation
* Responsible for network design assurance and interoperability of complex network infrastructures using ARRIS products as well as other third party products as required.
* MPEG video system integration testing experience
* IP Networks topology integration and design experience - CCIE or CCNE are a plus
* Experience in systems integration environment with demonstrated troubleshooting expertise
* IP network design
* Ability to interface in a professional manner with our customers and partners
* Cable engineering background and a familiarty with IP networks, digital video systems as well as MPEG2 transport is important
* VOD applications integration experience is a plus
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent) and 5 years of networking experience
As an EOE/AA employer, ARRIS will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicants race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.