Staff Technical Service Engineer Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONReq Id 21861 - Posted 09/13/2016 - Marketing / Business - Exton, Pennsylvania, US
The Staff Technical Service Engineer, under the direction of the Manager Technical Service and Development, routinely represents Sartomer to external customers and other outside groups to achieve commercial objectives, initiating, developing, implementing new projects and / or employing scientifically-based research to address customer/product problems. This role effectively leads technical service and /or developmental programs for key accounts.
The Staff Technical Service Engineer will:
1. Coordinate technical projects, organizing and analyze data to meet the needs of marketing, sales, and Sartomer customers in a timely and mutually beneficial manner so as to either gain new business or maintain existing business.
2. Identify root causes of more complex customer/product problems and develop action plan to resolve; work with customers to offer scientifically-based advice when faced with ambiguity, incomplete data and time pressures.
3. Independently solve many complex technical problems by making product and process recommendations.
4. Define potential product modifications to meet customer needs.
5. Simulate technical issues on lab scale equipment. Use computer simulation methods when necessary.
6. Proactively initiate effort to solve problems with new products when appropriate.
7. Determine validity of product performance complaints using product specifications, QC data and lab results; review previous approaches, technical reports and competitive product information to solve problems without re-invention.
8. Translate market and business strategy into clear technical objectives with a defined development plan.
9. Maintain knowledge of diverse product line. Provide accurate technical help to customers, both internal and external, based on product line knowledge.
10. Work effectively with Business Unit Managers and Sales Personnel to provide technical input necessary to devise / implement marketing and sales strategies.
11. Generate new product ideas, develop and commercialize new products.
12. Actively promote safe behavior in the workgroup. Take responsibility for personal safe lab operations; operate in compliance with site safety policies, including material handling and waste disposal.
13. Active in several departmental safety initiatives such as participation in steering teams or making safety presentation.
14. Mentor new employees in the work group to practice safe working habits.
15. Apply best safety practices when providing recommendations to customer.
The successful candidate:
1. Holds a BS Degree in Chemistry, Chemical, Mechanical, or Polymer Engineering or other related technical field and 10+ years of industrial experience.
2. Demonstrates expertise in at least one area of chemical technology, polymer processing and/or characterization.
3. Understands and applies chemical structure/properties relationship and effects of processing.
4. Has functional knowledge of key standards and regulations effecting markets and products.
5. Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills by maintaining good customer relationships. Conducts customer trials, internal trials and analyses with minimal supervision.
6. Exhibits excellent written and oral skills. Communicates effectively with peers, management and customers.
7. Is proficient in use of computers/relevant software programs.
8. Demonstrates, proficient in use of Design of Experiment techniques.
9. Has functional knowledge of standards and regulations affecting markets and products.
10. Understands and complies with all internal and external safety regulations/guidelines/programs.
A global chemical company and France s leading chemicals producer, Arkema is building the future of the chemical industry
every day. Deploying a responsible, innovation-based approach, we produce state-of-the-art specialty chemicals that
provide customers with practical solutions to such challenges as climate change, access to drinking water, the future of
energy, fossil fuel preservation and the need for lighter materials. With operations in close to 50 countries, some 19,000
employees and research centers in North America, France and Asia, Arkema generates pro forma annual revenue of some
$8.1 billion, and holds leadership positions in all its markets with a portfolio of internationally recognized brands.,
Arkema Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arkema Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
For more information about the EEOC, please refer to The \\"EEO IS The Law\\" poster at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.