Staff Test Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
ARRIS Group, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONHere, we strive to color outside the lines and step out of our comfort zone to revolutionize home entertainment, networking and the cloud. To us, its about taking a chance with the unknown and inventing the future. Technology is constantly evolving and were at the forefront.
We are looking for people who can share our vision, collaborate with others, and at the same time, become stars in their own right. #LI-GS1
Our testing team support our EPON and remote PHY products. We develop factory test solutions for these products and others. The Staff Test Engineer evaluates, recommends, and implements automated test tools and strategies for modules and systems developed by ARRIS. The Staff Test Engineer plans, develops, documents and delivers tests on electronic products and systems, applying knowledge and principles of electronic theory, electronic components and testing methodology and procedures. The Staff Test Engineer should be familiar with RF related measurement techniques including MER, Phase Noise, Adjacent Channel and Spur. Specific functions of the Staff Test Engineer include:
* Understand module and/or system requirements and develop test plans based on these requirements.
* Develop comprehensive test strategies, test plans, testing scenario and documented results and reports.
* Develop, implement, document and support desired tests at required locations in a cost and time effective manner.
* Work with Product Development to implement test requirements that insure a high quality product.
* Understand the test module performance with respect to the test parameters and or specifications. Provide Cp/Cpk information for all parametrics tested.
* Use information provided by the test to provide input to yield and quality improvement efforts.
* Establish proper PM and Calibration procedures for all test equipment.
* Provide guidance and assistance to technicians or other engineers involved in the assembly of test systems.
* Understand module requirements and define repair test plans based on those requirements.
* Work with Development to insure maximum debugging capability on existing and new products and make recommendations to development.
* Support Quality Engineer in the capacity of a liaison to Hardware and Software Development disciplines to add factory test failure cause and effect understanding towards identifying and improving test capabilities.
Bachelor's degree in engineering (prefer BSEE)
5 years experience in a test development role
As an EOE/AA employer, ARRIS will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicants race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.