Staff Transportation Engineer 9/10/2016
Arcadis U.S. Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
The Infrastructure Business Line of Arcadis is currently searching for a Staff Transportation Engineer, with 5-10 years experience, to join the team in our Atlanta office. Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* As a Staff Transportation Engineer, you will lead and direct the development and design of infrastructure projects for roadways, including intersections, collector streets, urban arterials, rural and urban expressways, interstates and interstate interchanges.
* You may also be required to perform different roles on multi-disciplined projects including technical design of minor project, production lead, task leader and assisting Project Manager and lead engineers.
* Prefer experience in a client facing role, either as a team or individual, making presentations and managing client expectations.
* Project development experience should include working as an individual or through team efforts to assist in developing project scopes and budgets, interfacing with and maintenance of client needs for the Project Manager, mentoring and development of junior staff and design/drafters, development of project plans and maintaining project schedules and ensuring project compliance with all Arcadis practices including quality and safety standards.
* Interpersonal and client facing requirements will require someone with excellent, clear and concise, oral and written communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to contribute information to meetings, assist with effective client presentations and prepare written reports and meeting minutes.
* Must have the ability to work on multiple unique assignments simultaneously.
* You should also have strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills and be a self-motivated, team-oriented and flexible individual who possess the initiative and ability to tackle new projects, challenges, and concepts.
* 5-7 years experience
* Bachelor s degree in Civil Engineer
* EIT with the ability to obtain PE within one year from date of hire.
* Engineering experience with infrastructure design and construction engineering, which may include cost estimates, technical reports, construction plans and project displays.
* Proficiency with CAD particularly AutoCAD, Microstation, InRoads and CAiCE
* Familiarity with GDOT design standards and policies.
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Background/Drug Screen Statementcolor
Arcadis conducts background checks on all final candidates for employment. Certain jobs will also require a clean driving record, education verification & certification verification.
Required Driving Statementcolor
This position requires a current valid driver s license and clean driving record.
* 8-10 years experience
* Master s degree in Civil Engineering
* Georgia PE
* Active participation in regional and/or national professional associations.
Engineering - Transportation
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
What country will this position be in*
Apply to job Send to friend Save to cart View similar jobs
ARCADIS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.