Staffing - Technician II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
Advantage Resourcing - XPO
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description:
Job Title: Technician II
Supports product and process development engineering. Performs a variety of technical duties and activities including experimental procedures, collection of data from processes, data analysis and graphical analysis. Supports design, fabrication and build of equipment and tooling. Carries out metrology efforts in support of product and process development. May lead and direct P&M trades and/or contract trades personnel in equipment installation, repairs or upgrades. Keeps equipment in running order. Uses judgment, experience and initiative to resolve problems and make recommendations.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
* Takes responsibility for working in a safe manner and creation of a safe work environment.
* Supports design, fabrication and build of equipment and tooling.
* Participates on product and/or process development teams.
* Work with and provide support for the development of new products and processes for polymer molding and assembly, and to demonstrate process feasibility and reproducibility.
* Develop resolution to routine technical problems and execute solutions within developed timelines.
* Documents procedures and results (experiment plan, results, data analysis, lab documentation)Supports prototyping and sample making
* Sample testing or characterization: set-up and operation of various metrology methods
* Participate in equipment and tooling design reviews
* Provides input on experimental plans.
* Provides inputs on feasibility of producing new products and processes.
* Interface with outside vendors that provide materials or services for assigned projects.
* Take responsibility for own personal and professional growth.
* Actively participate in internal departmental activities.
* Document novel solutions which may be patentable.
* May be asked to write process, product or equipment documentation. Systems could be plant based (ESP) or S&T based (Technical report data base)
* Other duties as assigned
* Less than 15%
Associates degree in a technical discipline with 2 years relevant work experience is desired
HS Diploma with 3-5 years relevant work experience is also accepted
* Mechanically inclined
* Machining skills
* Metrology skills
* Injection Molding skills
* Other Plastic processing or assembly skills
* Disciplined Troubleshooting
* Familiar with and values statistical tools and methods
* Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point)
* Detailed oriented
* Working knowledge of CAD (SolidWorks)
Manager Must Haves
* Ability to work independently.
* Willing to learn
* Interpersonal Savvy
* Active listener
About Advantage Resourcing
At Advantage Resourcing, our primary objective is to perfectly align the best people with the appropriate jobs. These jobs may be temporary assignments or career positions. We place talented people in a wide variety of jobs working with our client companies in areas such as: engineering, IT, technical, manufacturing, skilled trades, distribution, call centers, clerical, accounting, finance and sales.
Our strength is being able to solve our clients workforce needs by matching people that have the right skills, knowledge and motivation to each opportunity. Advantage Resourcing can help you discover the personal and career success you desire.
Advantage Resourcing Americas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard for race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected categories. Advantage Resourcing is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.