Stamping Engineering Intern
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 5/5/2017
TE Connectivity has a Stamping Engineering summer internship available in Greensboro, NC within the Automotive Business Unit. This position will support the Stamping Value Stream within the manufacturing facility.
The ideal candidate will be a committed individual with a sense of accountability that drives for results with technical training.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Support projects for the VS Production Team in resolution of customer complaints, scrap reductions, efficiency problems, rate improvements, process deviations, Sample Runs, cost reduction projects and Preventative Maintenance Program.
* Support and analyze production equipment of any manufacturing process and make recommendations and plans for repairs on equipment that will result in improved processes.
* Support Cost Reduction projects through Six Sigma, 5S, and other available improvement tools.
* Support all related process documentation, not limited to but including repair logs, manuals, drawings, and procedures.
* Support launch receiving efforts for new products, product extensions, and processes in the plant.
* Work from verbal instructions, sketches, blueprints, machine manuals, and worn or broken parts to determine size, shape, configuration, etc. of needed parts or enhancements.
* Support design, development, and engineering on machine tools and fixtures and related items for plant improvement projects using engineering principles and best practices.
* Must be able to work and act in a professional manner with all levels of associates and interface with customers as required.
The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented sophomore or junior currently working toward a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and who meets the following qualifications:
* A minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
* Demonstrated project management capabilities with an emphasis on strategic thinking, teamwork, and results-driven implementation
* Comfort dealing with ambiguity and ability to manage multiple projects
* Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
* Understand and execute project solving techniques to identify solutions