Starbucks Barista 1 FT-1 PT InterContinental Downtown Miami IHG
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY *
* Do you see yourself as a
* Starbucks Barista
* ? What's your passion? Whether you're into sports, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU\. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies \- people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do\. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team\. This role is responsible for preparing and serving menu items such as coffees, drinks, sandwiches, salads, etc in a prompt and professional manner\.*
* _JOB OVERVIEW:
* Provide prompt and courteous food and beverageservice to guests while maximizing sales and guest satisfaction\.*
* _DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* + Prepare and serve menu items such as coffees, drinks, sandwiches, salads, etc in a prompt and professional manner\. Follow food and beverage preparation and usage instructions to minimize waste\. + Up\-sell menu items and specials to maximize food and beverage revenues\. Work within policy to accommodate guests special food and drink requests\. + Ensure adequate supply of plates, utensils, napkins, and other supplies throughout shift; replenish/restock supplies and inventory according to established procedures and guidelines\. + Perform all pre\-shift and post\-shift duties, side\-work, and related paperwork\. + Maintain a clean, neat and well\-organized work area, including but not limited to refrigerators, display cases, counters, and seating areas\. Report all unsafe or malfunctioning equipment, safety hazards, or maintenance problems to management\. + Receive and process customer payments according to established cash handling policies and procedures to ensure the security of monies, credit and financial transactions\. + Perform other duties as assigned\.*
* Qualifications include basic reading, writing and math skills\. Prior customer service and/or cash handling experience in the hospitality industry is preferred\. Also required is the ability to carry or lift items weighing up to 50 pounds, stand up and move about the work area, handle food, objects, products and utensils and bending, stooping, kneeling\. You may be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays\. In return we will pay you $9\.75 per hour and give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan\. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people\. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself\. So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG\. IHG is an equal opportunity employer:
Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans\.*
* Requisition ID:
* _R123181_ .