Starbuck's Barista- P/T
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 11/19/2016
Fort Lauderdale, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description Provide superior customer service while maintaining a clean and attractive outlet for guests.
* Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests.
* Prepare customers orders as requested accurately and efficiently.
* Ring guest check correctly. Close the check to the proper method of payment, (i.e., cash, credit card or house charge).
* Ensures guest satisfaction; in the event of dissatisfaction, tactfully negotiates resolution.
* Maintain the highest level of standards for all product preparation.
* Clean or sanitize work areas, utensils, equipment, service stations or seating areas.
* Comply with accounting guidelines regarding receipt of payments, check total verification, tip disbursement, cash drawer and house bank management.
* Balance house bank at the end of the shift. Retrieves and returns bank from vault to workstation and return, to ensure accountability.
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned. Experience, Skills and Knowledge
* Basic mathematical skills necessary to operate a cash register, make change, total guest checks, count total bank, prepare cash drops, total all other charges and understand portion sizes as relating to pricing.
* Ability to operate a keyboard and Point of Sale procedures.
* Ability to effectively deal with and resolve conflict situations, such as inaccurate check total.
* Ability to sit and/or stand and work continually in confined spaces.
* Must have the ability to communicate in English. Benefits HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefits plan that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you! For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life Insurance and Short and Long-Term Disability. In addition, our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future. HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/DHEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer Race/Age/Gender/Disability/Vets Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled