State Relations Analyst (Filings and Regulatory Compliance)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Jersey City, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID: 20160804-8039-JB
Company Name: ISO
Are you a bright, independent, insurance professional to looking contribute your knowledge and experience in the Property and Casualty arena in a way that shapes the entire industry* Are you interested in collaborating with some of the best minds in the business to analyze complex issues and bring innovative products to market* If so, ISO s diverse, fast paced State Relations department is looking for you!
In this influential role you will be responsible for:
* coordinating and monitoring pending and prospective filings,
* responding to various regulatory inquiries to ensure speed to market of ISO products
* assist in the development and implementation of strategies to achieve prompt approval of filings,
* assist in ISO's interactions with agent associations, other statistical agents and independent rating bureaus, and
* research and prepare technical material (responses to inquiries, compilations of statutes, speeches, status reports, papers, etc.) for both internal and external use
There is good growth potential for high performers!
At Verisk, you can have a rewarding career with challenging and meaningful work, the chance to make a positive impact on the business, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities, and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business efforts will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package!
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
* 3-5 years experience minimum in the Property & Casualty Insurance Industry in either Product Development, Pricing, State Filings or Regulatory Compliance
* Must have working knowledge of insurance coverages and ISO programs, including ISO filings.
* Good oral and written communication skills are a must.
* Must be a self-starter, able to work independently on multiple and various projects simultaneously.
* Ability to collaborate and to help bring multi-dimensional team projects to completion.
* Familiarity with basic actuarial concepts is desired but not required, some CAS exams a plus
* Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) designation or other industry designations desired.
* Limited travel may be required.
If this opportunity looks exciting and challenging to you, please click Submit Now to apply.
We are offering an excellent compensation package that includes short-term cash incentive. Our benefits package is competitive and includes full health care options, a 401(k) plan, and a generous Paid-Time-Off program.
ISO, a unit of Verisk Analytics (VRSK), is an insurance solutions company specializing in applying advanced analytic techniques and data management skills to the challenge of accurately assessing risk in the property and casualty insurance industry. Our clients include many of the nation's leading property and casualty insurers. We combine vast data resources with leading edge predictive modeling techniques to create the most accurate risk models in the industry. Our clients use these models to give them a competitive advantage in executing their marketing, underwriting and pricing strategies. Our market position allows us to dedicate unparalleled time and talent to solving the industry's analytic challenges. ISO is an equal opportunity employer.
Our Jersey City headquarters is conveniently located across the street from the Newport/Pavonia PATH station, which takes you directly to and from Manhattan in a matter of minutes. Join the ISO family and put your career into high gear.
Years of Experience
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.