Statistical Analyst - Bundled Payments
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 12/31/2016
Visiting Nurse Service Of New York
Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is the nation s largest not-for-profit community-based health system. VNSNY provides a comprehensive array of home- and community-based programs, including health plans, tailored to the needs of high-risk, vulnerable New Yorkers, improving their quality of life. Each day, more than 18,000 VNSNY employees including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, dieticians, other allied professionals, and paraprofessionals deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to more than 35,000 patients, helping them to live the best lives possible.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Compiles, analyzes and interprets varied and complex healthcare, clinical, utilization and financial data for VNSNY Outcomes department, providing dedicated support to VNSNY s bundled and case rate initiatives across business functions including, but not limited to, financial analysis, care management, utilization management, assessment, compliance, quality, claims and operations. Utilizes data mining techniques to answer business questions, test hypotheses, and develop complex reports, tables, graphs and other supporting documentation. Coordinates with Business Intelligence and Strategy teams to support development of metrics that drive bundled/case rate episode analytics, dashboards leading to business decisions on bundled payment and value based agreements. Works under general supervision.
* Develops and prepares analytic plans, including statistical design and methodology; executes analysis as specified, creates final reports and presents findings to business customers.
* Recommends and implements efficient means of data collection, management and analysis.
* Retrieves and compiles data from external data feeds and internally constructed databases. Reviews accuracy of data prior to analysis and corrects discrepancies; analyzes data using appropriate software.
* Collaborates with Strategy and Finance department staff, as well as business analysts, project managers, and end-users, to define and refine needs regarding statistical analysis and Business Intelligence (BI) reporting.
* Keeps up-to-date on CMS regulations as they relate to agency initiatives and products; conducts impact analysis on proposed regulations.
* Ensures presentation of metrics and data is consistently defined, formatted, and labeled across end user deliverables and reports.
* Participates in automation of information through dashboard development to track or monitor metrics or data, subsequent to analysis, including validation and testing. Participates in the design and development of new systems that will automate the collection or analyzing of data.
Bachelor s degree, preferably in statistics, epidemiology, mathematics, computer science or social sciences, required. Master s degree with concentration in statistics preferred.
Minimum of three years progressive experience performing increasingly complex data analysis and interpretation required, preferably in a health care setting. Experience with data extraction and manipulation required. Experience with claims data, bundled payment models, health plan quality metrics (e.g., HEDIS, QARR) and application of data mining techniques and generalized linear models to identify risk, stratify populations, and/or predict outcomes preferred. Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills required. Proficiency conducting data manipulation and statistical analysis with R and/or Python required. Knowledge of PostGre and/or Oracle SQL preferred.
VNSNY is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you would like more information about your EEO rights, then please visit: