Statistical Analyst - Wayne, NJ
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe have a Passion for Life.
We enable hospitals to perform surgeries, we assist healthcare professionals in treating acute health conditions and we ensure safe care for patients during recovery. Our innovative, products and services contribute to saving lives across the world every day.
A career at Getinge Group offers a dynamic, international environment with a market leading company where you can learn, grow and thrive whilst passionately contributing to sustainable healthcare.
Working for Getinge is much more than a job we offer a career that matters!
The Statistical Analyst is responsible for generating the monthly statistical forecast using R Server functionality, developing and maintaining statistical algorithms to support the accuracy of the statistical forecast and working collaboratively with the demand planning team across the globe providing analytical support for the S&OP process. They are also responsible for calculating and publishing monthly Key Performance Indices with regards to, but not limited to, Forecast Accuracy, Forecast Bias, Service Levels, and Inventory Levels as well as accountable for creating inventory predictive models, developing tools to monitor inventory against targets as well as supporting Global Supply Chain's initiatives in improvement and cost optimization.
* Create and maintain advanced statistical models and data, including identifying trends, patterns, and outliers
* Design and develop re-use-able analytical models and data driven Maquet's assets
* Coordinate global demand data for Sales & Operations Planning meetings
* Calculate, compile and publish monthly Key Performance Indicators
* Manage and manipulate large and complex data sets, including: defining variables, performing calculations and summarizations, and creating solutions to address Maquet's business requirements/solutions
* Perform mid to long term demand and capacity analytics
* Develop scenarios and what-if and root cause analysis for demand and supply balance
* Provide visibility and insights for the continuous improvement process
* Monitor inventory performance, highlight trends and analyze anomalies to identify root causation
* Create advanced analytical models and make recommendations to streamline the inventory control process and analyze data to feed management decisions on inventory control policies and procedures.
* Work closely with the S&OP team, Solution Architects, IT team and other business areas to ensure the models meets the technical, business and performance requirements to ensure a good user experience
* Work closely with IT department to develop solutions and optimize data gathering and management
* Work with the S&OP team to understand critical business objectives, drivers and desired outcomes of statistical analyses.
* Perform position requirements in a quality system environment and ensure compliance with governmental regulations
* Provide hands-on advanced analytics development, data processing, and statistical analysis for the management team
* Analyze data-related systems integration opportunities and challenges
* Identify impact and opportunities to reuse data structures and data bases
* Mentor and train junior developers and modelers
* Ability to work collaboratively with offshore development teams and provide guidance to ensure quality deliverables
* Perform Ad-Hoc projects as required
* Bachelor's statistical/mathematical degree required - Advanced degree in business, quantitative analysis, statistics, or equivalent preferred
* 2-5 years of related experience with a good understanding of specified functional area, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
* Statistical programming in tools like R/SAS/SPSS/STATISTICA
* Knowledge of RDBMS languages such as SQL
* Strong quantitative/problem solving skills are a core requirement of this job, including experience developing complex models
* Experience in data extraction, manipulation and reporting capabilities
* SAP experience preferred
* Advanced Planning Tool experience preferred
* Should be familiar with financial analysis related to inventory management and comfortable evaluating and communicating impacts.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access required.
* Must have strong relationship skills and a demonstrated ability to work within a team.
* Self-starter with ability to work with limited supervision.
* Must be able to communicate at all levels within the organization both orally and written.
* Experience within supply chain and/or S&OP is preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Getinge is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability
If you share our Passion for Life and innovative healthcare solutions that improve the everyday life for people all over the world, then please apply if this position is of interest to you.
We look forward to your application and hope you will join us on our journey to become the world s most desired medtech company.