Statistical Programmer - SAS
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Western Alliance Bancorporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
The Statistical Programmer will be responsible for the preparation of data utilized by Risk Analysts and Statisticians, the implementation of data models and scorecards, and the execution of User Acceptance Testing of internal systems and third-party deliverables. The selected candidate is also expected to interact with many other departments in the interest of achieving the overall company objectives.
* Actively participates in the development of data science tools to merge, concatenate, and verify the consistency and accuracy of data sets prepared for the data modeling team.
* Liaisons with the IT department in order to properly implement data models and scorecards and integrate them into existing system architectures.
* Executes complete User Acceptance Testing process including creation of acceptance criteria, development of test procedures, test execution, and test result archiving for internal system modifications and third-party deliverables.
* Researches new technologies and techniques for mathematical model implementation.
* Develops software tools to automate modeling activities and processes.
* Provides requisite information in support of independent model validation activities.
* Develops and maintains tracking procedures that will be used for scorecard monitoring.
* Identifies statistical programming needs and communicates them to upper management
* Periodically assesses department procedures for accuracy and completeness.
* Develops a thorough understanding of the bank s operations, business model, and production systems.
* Bachelor s degree in database administration, computer science, or related field required.
* Minimum five (5) years prior experience in a programming or analytics role for a financial services company (or companies) required
* Minimum five (5) years prior experience using SQL required.
* Prior experience working with credit bureau data
* Prior Experience with Microsoft SQL (tables and views creation) and ability to read Microsoft SQL tables and views using SAS products (e.g. SAS Studio)
* Prior experience using SAS, particularly SAS base, SAS/STAT, PROC SQL, SAS ODS, and SAS Macro programming.
* Demonstrated ability to use SAS to extract data from multiple data sources.
* Demonstrated ability to merge, concatenate, clean, and prepare extremely large datasets for statistical analysis and mathematical model development.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Western Alliance Bancorporation is committed to equal employment and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, color, religion, age, nation origin, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetic information. Western Alliance Bancorporation is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process and/or need an alternative method of applying, please email email@example.com or call (702) 252-6257