Statistician / SAS Programer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
BWX Technologies, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONBWXT IS HIRING A STATISTICIAN/SAS PROGRAMMER FOR THE LYNCHBURG, VIRGINIA LOCATION!
JOB DUTIES / DESCRIPTION
* Develop programs in the SAS language which will allow users to perform the required statistical analyses of the product.
* Perform statistical analyses including analysis of variance and regression within a manufacturing environment.
* Provide support to other groups in the facility through problem solving investigations, continuous improvement initiatives, and cost reduction assessments.
* Collaborate with other groups on qualifications of measurement and inspections systems
JOB QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelor's Degree and or Master's Degree in Math or Statistics is required.
* The candidate will be required to design and implement SAS programs so a strong level of computer programming logic skills and SAS programming experience is desired.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to work independently and collaboratively within teams.
* Ability to translate requirements from various organizations and select the appropriate statistical analysis to produce relevant results.
* Effectively practice leadership, organization, and time management skills in an environment demanding multi-tasking.
* Experience with Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and Access is required.
_*Relocation assistance will be provided to those who qualify._
_**BWXT offers a full range of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401K, flexible work schedule, vacation/holiday, company-wide shutdowns, 24/7 gym on-site, and more!_