Steel Shop Estimator - Painesville, OH
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAirgas USA, LLC is hiring a Steel Shop Estimator in Painesville, OH!
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the largest distributor of welding, medical and specialty gases and hard goods in the United States. Airgas has the versatility to provide the best solution at the best value, direct to our customers. Bring your competitive drive to Airgas and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment!
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Steel Shop Estimator is responsible for the day to day activities related to the Steel Sales & Service Department at a branch location. This position will read prints, estimate projects for material and labor, develop and present quotes, order materials, perform fabrication duties, and coordinate efficient project completion.
ES SENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
* Identifies labor, material and time required by studying proposals, blueprints specifications and related documents.
* Studies production schedules and estimates worker-hour requirements for completion of job assignments; maintains time and production records.
* Implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, quality of product, and changes working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of work crew.
* Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
* Coordinates the proper inventory levels of supplies and equipment.
* Leads fabrication team in efficient project completion.
* Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations, correcting unsafe acts or conditions without delay.
* Other duties/projects as may be assigned.
(The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business or related field; in lieu of degree requirement a minimum of 4 years of experience in a manufacturing /estimating role is required.
* A minimum of two (2) years of experience in a leadership role highly preferred.
* Working knowledge of SAP preferred.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Strong analytical skills; competency for understanding metrics and ability to present and communicate to all levels of the organization and external customers.
* Problem solving skills with the ability to make independent decisions based on investigation and judgement as well as ability to discern when to escalate issues.
* Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to read, speak, write, spell and understand the English language.
* Ability to read and interpret drawings, blueprints and other related project documents.
* Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing; listens effectively and clarifies information as needed; works well with others in a team environment across the organization knowing who to engage to achieve results. Uses candor and sensitivity in their dealings with others. Ability to adjust communication method based on situation.
* Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
* Displays a strong personal commitment to completing all aspects of projects.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent's.
* Self-starter, self-motivated, independent, well-organized, attention to detail.
* Team player with positive attitude; strong collaborative skills; ability to influence without having direct authority.
* Demonstrated dedication to safety and quality.
* Occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds and move more than 125 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment.
* Flexible to work overtime as needed.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving office/production machine parts.
* Exposed to various weather outdoor/seasonal conditions with temperatures from 20 to 110 degrees.
* Noise level is usually moderate, but may contain loud noises and/or odors that may last for long periods of time or on a continual basis.
* Minimal travel.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
In lieu of the above, any equivalent combination of training and experience that provided the aforementioned knowledge, abilities and skills may be considered at the discretion of Airgas.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability .