Stereolithography Technician - Weekend Shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Proto Labs, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONProto Labs (PRLB) is a leading online and technology enabled quick-turn manufacturer. Our technology, innovation and people have made us the world's fastest manufacturer of custom prototype and low-volume parts. Proto Labs revolutionized our industry by developing proprietary computing technologies and automated manufacturing processes that enable us to create "Real Parts, Really Fast".
Our 3D Printing division, located in North Carolina s Research Triangle Park makes custom prototype and production parts for companies worldwide using Rapid Prototyping, Additive Manufacturing and 3D Printing technologies. We have a fast-growing, high-energy team of associates who work together in a friendly environment.
The Stereolithography Technician is responsible for the preparation of stereolithography builds and the operation of Proto Labs Prototyping s RP equipment with the objective of producing high quality prototypes and maintaining on time deliveries for customer orders.
Specific duties include:
* Operate and maintain the hardware and software of the RP equipment to create high-quality prototypes in a safe and efficient manner.
* Effectively use all work instructions and checklists associated with the preparation of builds and operation of RP equipment.
* Communicate with Build Prep Primary, Process Engineering and Quoting regarding the building and completing of customer orders while maintaining scheduled ship dates.
* Communicate with other departments and supervisors regarding part quality, process updates and production schedules.
* Assist in the scheduling of customer orders with the objective of increasing throughput.
* Work on additional responsibilities as assigned, including but not limited to safety procedures, resolving process issues, vat swaps, rotational maintenance and developmental processes.
* Maintain a clean and safe laboratory environment.
* Observe all Proto Labs Safety and Quality Procedures.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* The ability to visualize 3-Dimensional parts based on CAD data.
* Experience with a Windows computing environment as well as the ability to learn custom software packages.
* Effective communication skills.
* Must demonstrate the ability to learn new techniques.
* Must be able to follow instructions in operating and maintaining a laboratory in a clean and safe manner.
* Wear all required PPE (gloves, lab coats, etc.)
* Must be able to lift 50 lbs
* Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently
* High School Diploma or equivalent related work experience.
Primarily sedentary work performed in an office environment with periods of high concentration and visual focus while analyzing 3-D data. Additional time spent in a laboratory environment with exposure to chemicals and dust.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work to be done. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
PROTO LABS, INC. IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER