Sterile Processing Technician; FT; 12PM-8:30PM
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
St. Joseph Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY:
Under the supervision of the Sterile Processing Shift Supervisor and according to approved policies and procedures the incumbent will assemble case carts containing consumable supplies and instrumentation. Post operatively instruments will be clean/decontaminated, assembled, sterilized and stored until ready to be issued. Consumables will be inventoried, stocked and issued as needed.
HOURS OF OPERATION: 24/7
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
One (1) year experience preferred working with surgical supplies and instruments.
* Registered Central Service Technician (RCST)
* Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST)
* Certified Sterile Processing & Distribution Technician (CBSPD) or must complete certification within one year of employment.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
High school diploma or equivalent
* Ability to read and write information communicated via a case cart requisition or instrument count sheet.
* Ability to follow verbal orders received on the telephone.
* Analytical skills necessary to accurately fill surgical case carts and assemble surgical instrument sets.
* Ability to perform basic computer functions.
* Ability to stand and walk approximately eight percent of the shift.
* Ability to work with blood and body substance.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES/WOMEN/VETERANS/DISABLED
Job: Central Sterile Tech
Primary Location: Texas-Houston
Organization: St. Joseph Medical Center
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED
Employee Status: Full Time Benefit Eligible 36-40 hrs/wk
Work Schedule: Evenings