Sterility Assurance Laboratory Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
SGS North America
JOB DESCRIPTIONSGS is the world s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With 84,000 employees, SGS operates a network of more than 1,650 offices and laboratories around the world.
SGS is much more than just a place to work. It's a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and grow.
* Perform sterility testing on biological indicators, medical devices and pharmaceutical products and interpret test results after incubation * Cleaning and environmental monitoring of clean zones and labs and conducting preventative maintenance on instruments
* Membrane filtration or direct transfer method sterility testing
* Disinfection of clean suite, environmental monitoring using fallout, contact plates and active air sampler
* Preparation of disinfectants, preparation of instruments and supplies for sterilization in addition to all preparation for daily testing * Inventory and stocking of supplies
* * High School diploma required. Bachelors degree preferred.
* Previous laboratory experience is a plus
* Knowledge of basic microbiology preferred
* Knowledge of aseptic technique required
* GMP or clean zone experience a plus
Ability to work fully gowned in the clean suite 3-4 hours at a time
* Ability to work at the lab bench for 3 hours at a time up to 8 hours a day
* Ability to lift 25lbs
* Requires use of hands and arms for test sessions.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
* SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.