Steward - Dishwasher
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
Assigned to work in the Central Kitchen dishroom and Patient Trayline during meal service times, as assigned. Performs duties related to dishwashing and sanitation of equipment and patient tray components. Performs general cleaning throughout the Central Kitchen and pot washing as assigned. Must be able to adapt to fast paced environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Works various stations during the dishwashing operation (unloads food trucks, sorts, rinses, racks the tray componets, loads and unloads the dish machine).
2. Washes and sanitizes the equipment, floor and walls in the Dishroom and adjoining areas in the Central Kitchen.
3. Follows correct procedures in cleaning of equipment and sanitation throughout the Central Kitchen. Cleans carts, equipment, walls, sweeps and mops floors and does special cleaning as assigned.
4. Works in the pot room washing pots as assigned, both manually and by machine, in accordance with established procedures.
5. Transports clean tray componets to the designated areas throughout the Central Kitchen.
6. Assembles trays for patients on the Patient Trayline as needed. Plates established portions of foods as indicated on the patient`s menu.
7. Serves patient trays efficiently, accurately and neatly. Follows proper procedure in loading and transporting of food trucks.
8. Transports food carts and supplies to and from the Kitchen.
9. Complies with standards of all regulatory agencies such as City of Houston Health Department, Texas Department of Health, JCAHO, Hospital Quality Management committee and safety regulations.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
11. Demonstrates the componets of I CARE values statement.
12. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent or one year food service experience.
1 year food service or housekeeping experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.